Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Noblest England!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Noblest England!!

Hello from Kent, England. On my second attempt (1st time I over cooked!!) I just successfully reverse seared a few Rump Steaks. Keeping the temperature inside the hood at 225F was quite tricky on my beefeater discovery (4 burner) as you lose a lot of temp at the grill lifting the lid, but all went well this time and I think I got a thumbs up from the wife and kids for juicy consistently pink steak. I followed the pulled pork recipe a few weeks back and after 10 hours it was fantastic. Ribs I still have to master. I have a Weber & smokenator which I find quite tricky to keep at a constant temperature without constant tinkering with airflow and refuels. I'm wondering whether the slow n sear is appreciably better? Thanks for all the info it's revolutionised my approach to the bbq's...

Welcome from Indiana, US of A

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! I've never tried the smokenator, but the SnS, if you follow David Parrish 's lighting instructions and vent plan, will maintain a very steady temperature.

On on the other hand, temperature swings when cooking a PB are not much of a problem as long as they don't go so high as to burn the sugar in the rub!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! Interesting handle ... if it refers to what I think it does, I was working as a controller in Great Falls, Montana in the mid 70's when Boeing chose KGTF as one of it's favorite locations for testing the SP's crosswind landing capabilities. That was "fun" ...

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you England. Lower left of the map should you ever take a gander. We love photos in the pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I too have had a hard time with keeping a Weber Kettle low on the thermometer. One good thing is that It'll get easier with every cook! Keeping a log of how much charcoal you use, vent settings, and ambient temperature can help you get there quicker!

Comment

747sp, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
              Enjoy "The Pit"! While you Check Out the Vent Settings for the Weber @ www.abcbarbecue.com, I would Recommend you Check out the S 'N S (Sow and Sear and the Drip & Griddle) both Complement each other and Help with Weber Temp Control!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	457.9 KB ID:	366169Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	483.0 KB ID:	366170Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	366172Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	366175Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	366171Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	366174Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	1.54 MB ID:	366177Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	8 Size:	1,006.7 KB ID:	366176
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Danjohnston949; August 20, 2017, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Mudkat
                Mudkat commented
                Editing a comment
                YeeUMmY!

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
                if it refers to what I think it does, ...
                back in the 80's I did a business trip to New Zealand with a combination of flights through Australia. I think Qantas may have had a couple of sp's and I was lucky enough to depart in one off an incredibly short runway at Wellington to Sydney. Legendary thrust for a wide bodied plane. They don't make them like that anymore...

Comment

Welcome 747sp

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I have a Smokenator - somewhere. However, I have not touched it since I got the SnS. There is a world of difference in their performance. I had to tend the Smokenator constantly, but the SnS is almost set and forget for at least 6 to 8 hours. There is a learning curve, but it's not long. Once you master the SnS you will be in Heaven.

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup!

Great to have ya!!!

Click on the link below for your homework to get you rollin'....

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club Forum fondly called The Pit! To help things run smoothly and make sure you get the most out of our great and ever-expanding community here, we've compiled some things for you to do as your time permits. I like to call this your homework assignment. The red words are links, please click them &

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, ' yonder, cross th' Pond...Welcome to th' Pit!
                      Glad yer here with us...
                      Lookin' forward to more...

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here