Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from PIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from PIT

Hello,
    Jason here / Jay Z / Big J / J from Pittsburgh PA. I joined to show some support to the site that I received so much from over the last 4 years. More than time to give something back and get more involved. Oh, and also get more awesome info!

The information on this site probably saved me thousands in ruined meat, years of trial and error, and confidence in that I know guests do not leave my house saying "that was nasty." Every recipe tried comes out good if not great on the first run. If it's just good, it is because of my mistake.

Now a little about what I'm working with:
    Weber Kettle
    Grill Dome
    2-UDS
    24x48 reverse flow stickburner with warming cabinet from Smokerbuilder.com

I started on a Weber kettle that I still have and love dearly. Then I purchased a Grill Dome XL (similar to big green egg) with a BBQ Guru temperature control system. After 2yrs, I am now ready to sell it. This summer I built one UDS and really liked the smoked food coming off that. And the beginning of this month, I picked up my first stickburner - 24"x48" reverse flow w/warming cabinet from Smokerbuilder.com. Oh, almost forgot, got another UDS from Pit Docters.

I also roast awesome coffee.

Thank you for everything!

Right on! A big welcome from the Lowcountry of SC!

Comment

Hey there Jason! Welcome to the pit.

Comment

Nice intro post Jason! And welcome to The Pit, we sure appreciate your support. I too am a stickburner. I love the results from cooking with logs. And I love good mean cup o' dark roast! you'll have to share with us some pics of your gear, especially that new stickburner!

Comment

Thank you all!

Is there a mobile app for this forum? I tried searching the forum but could not find anything. But I am also not the best at searching forums. I'd love to post pics, they are all on my phone as I rarely use a desktop/laptop anymore outside of work.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here