Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excited to be here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excited to be here!!

Hey guys, I am excited to be here!

I have been smoking for about 6 years, I get a couple more smokes in each year. Finding time is the hardest thing especially with 3 young boys under age 5 (no twins) But they are are very helpful if you know what mean!

​​​​​​I got interested in smoking and cooking meat using an old Brinkmann Smok-in-grill that we won years ago and no one used. It has been laid to rest but it played it's part. I currently use a Smoke Vault which has served me well for a few years now. I also use a homemade wood box for cooking chicken and a vintage Weber grill that won't quit!! I am saving up to upgrade to a Backwoods Chubby charcoal someday, hopefully sooner than later.

I am a farmer in Iowa specializing in poultry with corn and soybeans as well. I am a die-hard International Harvester guy and enjoy working in my timber with my Burr Oak trees. I have been married for over 5 years and have 3 boys. I also coach track and field at the high school level. This pretty much sums me up.

Thanks

​​​​​​​

Welcome from another farmer in NE Washington.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for the support. My uncle has a farm outside of Fairfax, IA. He's one of the last guys raising hogs out there. I spent many summers down there as a kid and still make it down to help in the fall and spring. Great times. Are you a Hawkeye or Cyclone?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you to hear more from you soon.
      -Spinaker

Comment

• 40OAKSMOKE
        40OAKSMOKE commented
        Editing a comment
        Hawkeyes all the way!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Damn right! ON IOWA! GO HAWKS! 40OAKSMOKE

Welcome to the Pit! Sounds like you've already got a mild form of MCS. Don't worry, it will develop quickly here in the Pit. Have fun and eat good food!

Comment

I'm surprised you have time to tie your shoes let alone Q. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Glad you joined us!

Comment

Welcome 40OAKSMOKE

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. If your Weber uses charcoal, you could get a Slow N Sear and a Temperature controller and smoke overnight and still get a good night's sleep.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Virginia, the Birth Place of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here