Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Read the Book and Followed the Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Read the Book and Followed the Instructions

Smoked my first pork butt today. Came out better than expected thanks to what I've learned from this site and the cookbook.

Two of the greatest culinary moments of my life were discovering that BBQ sauce doesn't have to have ketchup and slaw doesn't have to have mayo. (So I also made the sweet & sour slaw and East Carolina sauce to go with the pork.) Tonight was a third.

Normally my first attempt at a recipe is a disaster. Today was an exception. My #1 critic loved the pulled pork... even thought it was moist.

Thank you to Meathead and the crew here (I read every pulled pork thread I could find) for demystifying BBQ. Who knew you could make such good BBQ on a setup that cost less than 3 bills.

Cheers brother! Huntington Beach welcomes you and you Butt! Shazam!!

Comment

Welcome to the pit! Glad to hear that you are doing amazing things with BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning!

Comment

Congratulations on your cook! I am very partial to Eastern NC barbecue sauce myself. Nice work.

Comment

You are just beginning grasshopper. Strap yourself in & enjoy the ride. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Awesome! I remember my first butt. Actually I cooked 3 my first time, and they just keep getting better!
              Welcome and have fun and share great BBQ!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. We are happy to have you. Great to hear that your first cook pulled pork cook went well. Thank you for the support. This is a great place to hang out and learn. We will be happy to help you master the art of pulled pork! Let us know where you think you need to improve.

Comment

First post online and first cook with my slow n' sear. Ribs turned out well but I still need to work on keeping the temperature consistent. Followed the last meal ribs recipe.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome to fun and learning! Great-looking ribs!

• Mr. Bones
                    Mr. Bones commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Howdy!
                    Nice lookin' ribs!

Welcome cph

Comment

Welcome RTGarner

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit to both of you. ( cph and RTGarner ) Both of you can now see your potential vastly improved by this site and the members of The Pit. Don't be afraid of trying new things. Pulled chuck roast is also great and cooked like a pork, but with two exception. First is a different rub, and second is that you will have to take it to a higher temp to get it probe tender.

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here