Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blowin Smoke in Middle Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blowin Smoke in Middle Tennessee

Morning everyone, I'm Steve from Mt Juliet, TN. I have always had a love for cooking for people, but now have become obsessed (my wifes word, not mine) with the world of barbecue. Recently bought the Meathead book and reading it intently.

I've been a computer engineer for 20+ years and absolutely hate the corporate world now. Time to move on. I have tried to start some local catering jobs with the equipment I have in the backyard which is a cheap offset Chargriller Pro and a River Grille vertical. They have been working fine for gilling and smoking respectively, but would like a better option for expansion to a mobile system to take to festivals, soccer games, the many local 5K races, etc...

I really appreciate all the great information here and soaking up all I can.

Hey Tennessee. Huntington Beach welcomes you, your equipment and your obsession. We don't judge.... unless you boil your ribs or pork butts.

Comment

Welcome, sjburk1! I'm just up I-24 in Clarksville. I too am a man obsessed with the Dark Art of Dark Bark. You are in good company here. I'm also interested in doing what I call "custom BBQ" for small gatherings or events on the weekends. Just need to put myself out there I guess. Good luck with your endeavors!

Comment

Welcome from Raleigh,NC. My Dad and Bro live in Charlotte TN not too far from you guys!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Have fun. Post pictures if you can!

Comment

Welcome aboard! I lived in the Nashville area for 57 years (Hermitage, Murfreesboro, Franklin, Fairview) before moving to Pensacola FL last year.

Comment

Welcome sjburk1

Comment

Hello from Atoka TN and good luck with your catering gig!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

I threw my computer on the smoker one time and it is my experience that it didn't add one damn thing to the taste... from one computer programmer to another.... Welcome to the pit... and Carry on.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Didja try shuttin' it off, then turnin' it back on, again???

Welcome to The Pit Steve.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
                          Forward lookin' to yer cookin'!
                          Down Home...
                          Last edited by Mr. Bones; August 5, 2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

@sjburke1, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ,! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                            Enjoy "The Pit"
                            You may want to PM PaulstheRibList and check out Paul's Posts! Paul is from Lake Charles LA and has recently set up a BBQ Catering Business!
                            Paul (aka: The Bishop of BBQ) is a Nice Guy and I bet He would be willing to Kabitz BBQ with You!
                            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here