Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Truman Town!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Truman Town!

Hi folks, I've been lurking here on AR for about a year and just recently joined the pit. What an incredible resource for a guy like me just getting serious about BBQ! I live in Harry Truman's hometown of Independence, MO, just on the east side of the KC metro area. About a year ago I won my local newspaper's "Ugliest Grill Contest" with the beauty pictured below. Turned the gift certificate prize into a Weber Performer Deluxe and haven't looked back.

Ordered a PBC this week, can't wait to get started with a new piece of cooking gear. Thanks to Meathead and everyone for making AR such a great site!

Click image for larger version

Name:	old grill.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	356774

Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for your support to our community. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. There is a lot to learn and experience here in The Pit, jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! Keep the pictures coming.

Comment

Welcome from rainy Florida!

Comment

Welcome Jeff Wayman

Comment

Huntington Beach Welcomes you Sir. Nice Cooker.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Dude... I have pulled some awesome smoke from ugly in my time on this planet. Welcome. Never disparage ugly. The secret resides in the taste... not the looks.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to great fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
                          Not too far west of ya', neighbor! (Larryville)
                          Grew up in / nearabouts EXSPGSMO...

Comment

Welcome to the pit, glad you joined!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here