Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ddmcwhirter here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ddmcwhirter here

Click image for larger version

Name:	20141127_103106 (450x800).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	35535 Danny is my nick name. Daniel McWhirter on Facebook. I use charcoal smokers in Leon Springs, Texas, between San Antonio and Boerne. I like to smoke briskets to "waba waba," make burnt ends meat candy, and smoke most anything edible. I've always wanted to learn how to make long lasting smoked chickens and small turkeys, with that almost translucent meat look, that can be shipped un-refrigerated, like we used to get by mail fifty years ago from La Grange or Schulenberg smoke houses.
    Last edited by ddmcwhirter; November 28, 2014, 01:01 PM.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

I'm in east Texas. Briskets and Pork butts out here. I've yet to mess with cooking a lot of ribs for other peeples.

Comment

Welcome Danny! Glad to have you here, that's a purdy pic there! I'd like to hear more about these translucent chickens....

When you get a minute, click here for a new member welcome package (homework assignment). It looks like you've already figured out picture posting, now let's get to work on your signature. (It's easy!)

Thanks for the support, look forward to more from you soon.

Comment

Cool looking smoker! Is it manufactured, modified or home-built? A friend of my uncles' made a similar looking rig from and old capsule shaped propane tank. Welcome!

Comment

• ddmcwhirter
          ddmcwhirter commented
          Editing a comment
          Manufactured. I think a Brinkman? It was recommended summer of 13 here on Amazing. I ordered it from Amazon. It has a fair wall thickness of about an eighth inch. It is nevertheless difficult to keep up over 200F. I end up wrapping my briskets and finishing in the oven.

Hello Danny! Welcome.

Comment

Had to look up Waba waba I do vaguely remember the translucent meat you speak of, though I only seem to see fish like that today.

Comment

• ddmcwhirter
            ddmcwhirter commented
            Editing a comment
            Waba waba is a term I saw here on Amazing. When you can punch one end of the brisket with your finger and the whole thing dances "waba waba."

Welcome aboard Danny

Comment

Welcome Danny, nice rig! We want pics of your cooks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here