Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here from Rochester N.Y.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here from Rochester N.Y.

This was my first attempt at smoking a pork butt and a rabbit both came out delish Click image for larger version

Name:	20170708_152628.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	349397

Welcome to The Pit. Looks like a great cook.

Comment

Welcome to the pit domino. Happy to have you aboard. Looks like a very successful first attempt on smoking meats. What did you season your pork butt with? I have found many very useful rub / seasoning recipes on this web site in the "Tested Recipes" section. That's where I first learned about Memphis Meat Dust. Since I only live about 5 miles from the Memphis city limit, figured I should give that one a go. Been using it on pork butts ever since.
      Again, welcome to the fun.

Comment

TY for the warm welcome. I used a rub called "foreplay" it's from a local BBQ joint called the dinosaur. I also spritz with apple cider and spiced rum.

Comment

• Storlok
          Storlok commented
          Editing a comment
          You know, as I was reading your recipe on the pork butt I had a strange vision pass through my mind of a rabbit reaching over to snag a big ole bite of some fine pork butt. But the rabbit is a vegetarian, yes? Oh well, who knows, with a good looking hunk o' meat like that, he just might convert.

Welcome to the Pit! Looks like a good cook! Thanks for the picture!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Great looking cook. As a kid I ate rabbit and squirrel that my grandfather fried, probably with lard. I've never had it smoked.

Comment

• Storlok
              Storlok commented
              Editing a comment
              BBQ rabbit is AWESOME! We raised 'em when I was a kid and had them just about any way you can imagine. Fried is very good, but BBQ, man.....

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir and you wabbit! I've stewed them and roasted the little legses. Good looking stuff There! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome domino

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome aboard domino! The only thing better than wabbit is wibs. Good lookin cook. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

What's up Doc? (Sorry I had too) Welcome to The Pit! Thank you for your support to our community. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    • Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) Huskee with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
                    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
                    This is a great place to hang out and we hope you will join us on a regular basis. There is a lot to learn and experience here in The Pit, jump in on the fun!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to the pit! Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome From Clay, NY.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here