Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy - from Chicago's western 'burbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    I love a good cup of coffee. My favs are Barista Prima French Roast and Starbucks Caffe Verona. Of course there are others, but suffice it to say gas station coffee doesn't fly with me. Glad folks like you are out there!

Another member Jon is home coffee roaster, there's a few of you guys here, both professional and hobby. We had a coffee thread started a few months back, maybe you can jump in.

When you get a minute, check out our new member homework page!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Neat. I love the Star Bucks coffee drinks you serve cold. Grew up drinking Community Coffee, in coffee milk. Not a big coffee drinker per se.....but the flavor is definitely uniquely gooooooood.

Wow, 5 years for a tree to make beans. Way worse than sugarcane.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; November 27, 2014, 11:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 7over
    replied
    Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
    Ain't nothin' like the Hook Cooker. Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

So what all goes on with coffee roasting?? Very intrigued.
    Jerod.... that's a question with a very long answer. It's like asking "What all goes on with smoking meat?" Roasting coffee is essentially the process of taking green raw coffee cherry seeds and applying very controlled heat over time to get to a desired finish temp. Where it differs from smoking meat is that the specific temperature path the beans take to get to the desired finish temp. makes most of the difference in how the coffee is going to taste. 20 seconds of difference in temperature path (known as the 'profile') can make the difference between good, and 'stellar' in a coffee.

I've been roasting coffee since 2005 and I learn more about it ever single day. I love learning and tend to jump into new things with both feet. That's one reason I love this site! Amazing ribs.com has Information, not Speculation. Keep up the great work here!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hey there 7over! Welcome!

Very cool to hear we got a roaster among us! Thats awesome!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome 7over! Be sure to check out all the great info in the Welcome and Announcements channel. Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Ain't nothin' like the Hook Cooker. Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

So what all goes on with coffee roasting?? Very intrigued.

Leave a comment:

• 7over
    started a topic Howdy - from Chicago's western 'burbs

Howdy - from Chicago's western 'burbs

Hey all. My name is Pete and I'm a coffee roaster by trade.
    I'm relatively new to smoking meat but I sure love it! I'm delighted that several of the moderators use the PBC. I first learned about that amazing cooker here on amazing ribs and promptly ordered one from Noah. That cooker, the Thermapen and this site have changed everything for me when it comes to outdoor cooking. Ain't no going back! My eldest son and several of my friends have ordered their own PBC after tasting the crazy goodness that's been coming off of mine this year.

Thanks for upping your game by putting together this site, the forums and all that. I can't wait to dive in and up my own game with all that's shared so willingly here.
    Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here