Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Central Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Central Oregon

Central Oregon - 300+ days of sunshine each year. Or so says the local tourism booster. In any case, greetings from a wonderful partof the state. Long time reader; grilling and smoking with a trusty old weber kettle and a smokenator (thanks for that tip several years ago!) and a weber gas grill for quick and easy grilling during the week or whenever ....

Brad

Hey Brad... nice to have you! Weber kettle and smokenator make BBQing happen right!

I don't live far from you (relatively) I am in western Idaho.

Ya know since you are new, the Mods are gonna give you some homework... I am just helping them out so they don't look like bad guys, assigning homework right out of the chute... LOL! They are gonna want you to read this... just a heads up

NEW MEMBERS, please read: here's your homework assignment
    Welcome to the Pitmaster Club Forum fondly called The Pit! To help things run smoothly and make sure you get the most out of our great and ever-expanding community here, we've compiled some things for you to do as your time permits. I like to call this your homework assignment. The red words are links, please click them &

Comment

Right on Brad - welcome and hello from the Charleston, SC area!

Comment

Howdy from Texas. Thanks for the support!!!

Comment

Greetings from Houston, Alaska. You live in a pretty nice area of the world. I spent many a happy day fishing in central Oregon. The same goes with chukar hunting, which are fantastic eating on the bbq, by the way.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Welcoem to The Pit Strat50. By chance are you a guitar player?

Tell us more about chukar!

By the way since this is your first post, I'd like to encourage you to visit our new member welcome package post here: http://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/for...ork-assignment

Thanks!

• Strat50
            Strat50 commented
            Editing a comment
            I've been known to pick up a guitar from time to time...lol...However my main instrument is drums. Anyway, Chukar is a type of partridge. Not a great deal of meat, but tasty. The main meat is breast meat(like our local Alaska Spruce Grouse), so direct heat broiling seems to work best. Just keep the heat under control, baste, and you'll be golden.The rest of the carcass is for stock. I have visited the assignment page, and will make any profile adjustments accordingly.
            Back to chukar. Like many wild birds, chukar is low in fat, so high temps are out. Moderate heat is the name of the game here. I use an oil-based wet rub. It was never the same twice, however it is the method that is important, not necessarily the spices.

Greetings, Brad! Welcome to The Pit! Please check out our welcome package (aka home work for new members) here at this post! <------------ it's a link, click it.

Thank you for the support! Look forward to more interaction with you in the near future.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here