Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from western Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from western Pennsylvania

Hello all. I'm Curt from A little town north of Pittsburgh called New Castle. Been cooking on weber gassers for the past 20 years and never quite understood the hassle of cooking with charcoal. That was until my brother turned me on to some of the best bbq I've ever had from a UDS he made a few years ago. I always especially look forward to a family function at his house knowing that I am going to get some delicious smoky goodness! (killer brisket) Well, decided to join the dark side and purchased a PBC. What took me so long, right?

Anyways, found this great sight and been browsing for a few weeks. Have learned a ton of stuff already and have just touched the surface. Have found my new favorite site!

Welcome to fun and learning! Nice to meet you. The PBC is a great cooker. Plenty of folks here that use them regular like.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Nackman! Great intro, and we're happy to have you here. I like to think of AmazingRibs.com as 'Earth's favorite BBQ website'!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Chicago. I know your tiny little town. My mother in law grew up there. Is DeRosa's Bakery still in business?

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Curt!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Curt.

Comment

Originally posted by Reds Fan 5 View Post
                Welcome from Chicago. I know your tiny little town. My mother in law grew up there. Is DeRosa's Bakery still in business?
                Sadly, no. Has joined the rest of the dissapearing mom and pop stores.

Comment

• Reds Fan 5
                  Reds Fan 5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's too bad. Great bakery. Not always sure what business was going on the back, but man, they baked good stuff. Great to have you in The Pit. You will enjoy it here.

Welcome Nackman

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome From CNY.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Great to have you. Thank you for the support! We are glad you decided to join us.

Comment

From small town (not really) on the west coast... Huntington Beach welcomes you Sir.

Comment

Howdy right back atcha from Kansas Territory!!!
                            Welcome to th' Pit!!! (An' "th' dark side" lol!)
                            Enjoy yerself, be it on th' gassers(s), or PBC!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here