Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello

hi, luke from tasmania here. thought i should introduce myself seeing as ive been lurking on this site for at least a year and soakin up all your'e beautiful q recipes and techniques. i suppose some background would be good, iv'e been working in kitchens since i was 16 and ended up owning my own restaurant where i was known for my steaks. Im now over my injury and am thinking about starting up a proper bbq joint which would be a first in tassie, any tips would be most welcome

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! The tips wil come when you tell us what you are cooking on and what you are trying to specifically accomplish.

Comment

Welcome nacho12! Sounds like a great idea. I am a newbie so no tips here but I wish you good fortune on your new adventure! I am sure the tips will be rollin' in.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Luke. May the BBQ Force be with you.

I would suggest that you find out what cuts suitable for bbq are available locally to you. Then come back and post what you have to work with and we can be more specific with help.

As far as opening a new restaurant, since you have done it before, you may not need help in that area. However, PaulstheRibList is traveling the path you are considering and may have some input.

I also suggest you get Meathead's book, (see add at the top right side of this page). It goes into great detail, backed up by science, on how to do Q.

Good luck.

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado! I've always regretted the fact that, in spite of spending a great deal of time in Oz (mainly Melbourne), I never managed to sneak over to Tasmania for a visit.

Comment

Welcome from Texas

Comment

Welcome nacho12

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
                      Lookin' forward to learnin' along with, an' from ya'!

Comment

Ditto all of the above.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit!!! I think you are our first member from Tasmania! Very cool. While a lot of our members are based in the US, we have members from all over the world. It is great to add Tasmania to the list. We look forward to hearing more from you. And I would certainly get PaulstheRibList in the discussion. Here is a thread that outlines his success. This dude can bring it!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you Tasmania! I be 👀 to see what available to you for cooking. Pics please.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! Glad you joined us.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here