Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StageFrite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StageFrite

I've been trolling here AmazingRibs.com for a couple of years and using everything I am able to get my hands on, from Meathead's Memphis Dust to Texas Beef Brisket to Bread and Butter Stuffins with Cranberries last Thanksgiving. Meathead is my go-to BBQ guy and I'm happy to be able to give back to this site that's made me look sooooo good in the BBQing in the backyard. Thanks, guys!

I made smoked ribs this past Saturday and they turned out fantastic! I was able to route the smoke coming out of the big smoker into the cheap smoker and smoke cheese. It turned out great, too! If I keep this up and my wife keeps loving what I bring into the house, I may get my dream smoker sooner than I could hope!

See my signature for my gear.

Welcome StageFrite... glad you joined up! Your mod for smoking cheese sounds pretty ingenious... you should post some pics of it!

Comment

Hello SF WELCOME!

Comment

Interesting - I think the only smoked cheese I've had was gouda.

What types of cheese do you smoke and with what type of wood?

One of the first 'guy rules' of cooking I learned in college: "If your dish doesn't turn out good, then just melt cheese all over it - it can only make it better." lol

Most of the guys here have forgotten more about grilling and smoking than I'll ever know, but they sure make me look like I know what I'm doing!!

Welcome!

Comment

• StageFrite
          StageFrite commented
          Editing a comment
          I picked up a bag of Mild Cheddar, Colby Jack, and Pepper Jack from BJs and mixed them all together. I used a mix of Hickory and Apple woods to smoke. I brought the leftovers to work today because too much cheese has an, um, impairment on bodily function, and the cheese is getting rave reviews! Yay!

Yep, that's one of my favorites rules of cooking, too, "Cheese makes everything better."

Sf, Welcome!! I really like your out of the box thinking and look forward to your pics and posts.

Comment

Sounds great - I might have to try this cheese smoking thing.

Agree with smarkley and Marauder - pics of that process would be helpful.

Yeah - you don't want to be all stove up on cheese with Turkey Day coming - lol!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here