Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luhnlaw, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
    Enjoy "The Pit"!
    Sir You Just Committed the Cardinal Sin of "The Pit Club" When You Asked the Members How You Should Spend Your Money❓ I flat guarantee You You Will be as Confused as Most of the People Giving You the Advice! I think You Might be Better Served by Making a List of: How often do You Smoke or Grill?, How Many People do You Generally Cook For?, How Much Food and What Kind (i.e. Pork Butts, Ribs, Brisket, Chuck Roasts, & Poultry) do You Cook at a Time?, How Much Time do You Have Available to Tend Your Smoker?, Finally Do You Forsee any Changes in the Immediate Future❓ This is Certainly Not the Definative List but It Is a Good Start!
    But as long as you Asked You Will Definately Need a Good Leave In Digital Thermometer with a Min of Two Probes, My FireBoard Has 6 Probe Capabilities! You will Also Need a Good Instant Read Thermometer like the Thermowerks Thermopen MK-4! Lest I Forget, You Need to go to the AmazingRibs.Com HomePage and Peruse the Equipment Reviews & Ratings Section Max Good does an Excellent Job! With That and one More Piece of ❓❓❓ Its Not the Cooker it's the COOKee that makes the Meal! Pick a Piece of Equipment and Learn to Use It and
    Use It Well! Have Fun!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Thanks to all. What an excellent welcome from so many with the primary motivation shown being a desire to help members succeed art the fine art of creating the best heart attack on a plate meals! 😋 After much deliberation I'm leaning to the Green Mountain "Daniel Boone" pellet smoker. I have an excellent Webber "Genesis" grill that works fine for steaks, burgers, etc., so between the two, I should be well set. I also just got a pellet tube smoker that I'm hoping will be a good accessory for the Webber. Next up will be digital readout probes (2) and a digital instant read hand-held. As they used to say on tv: "film at eleven".

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here