Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Onalaska, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Onalaska, Texas

Hello everyone. New to the Kettle and Slow N Sear world but not to grilling and Bbq, I presently cook on an old Oklahoma Joe stick burner, have a walk in smoke house, electric smoker (Masterbuilt) a cast iron Hibachi and a brand spanking new Weber Performer Premium. I grill, smoke, make several types of smoked and fresh sausages including Boudin, cure bacon and am always attempting something new or different. Never gave the kettles much thought until my wife bought a kettle for our son in law. It piqued my interest and after a bit of research I discovered an almost cult like following and availability of accessories that rival the AR15. The kids asked what I wanted for father's day and I put in my order for a Performer. Got the Weber Sunday afternoon and by that night I had a Slow N Sear headed my way via Amazon. My slow N Sear arrived yesterday afternoon thanks to Amazon Prime. Sam's Provided a 1.75"thick prime rib-eye which I dry brined according to the directions on ABC's Youtube page. Followed their directions exactly, cooking it to medium rare. I was remiss with the photography, only remembering after we had sliced the steak. I've been cooking steaks and been involved with many forms of Charcuterie for over 40 ears and this was by far the best steak I've ever cooked and daresay the best I've ever tasted. Two thumbs up to Weber and Adrenaline Barbeque Company.Click image for larger version

Name:	D8DE06A0-FAC5-49E9-91AF-5FAF2D821A8D.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	301.8 KB
ID:	336550

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome Cmack

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Cmack ...👍 The kettle has been around since Hector was a pup. The Slow n Sear on the other hand is a fairly new invention. An invention by our former Pit Boss of the Pit here in Amazing Ribs. As Dave says... He didn't invent the kettle he just made it better. There probably isn't an easier way of grilling a steak to absolute perfection than doing it on a kettle with the SnS.

Now... about this "walk in smoker" you mentioned.🤔 Tell us about that equipment. You've added an element to the Pit with that verbiage.🤗

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Seriously!!!! Tell us! I caught it too.

Huntington Beach welcomes you Sir!
        Cmack please do tell on the walk in smoker. Boudin... yes! A boudin blanc I've been working on. Andouille is delicious too. I'm all out. Making some in the next week.

BTW. I love my kettles! SnS is just stupid. A no brainier.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Good to have you.

Comment

That just might be one of the juiciest intros we've had. One could almost make a poster of it for the wall. Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Dude, welcome from the other side of the Sabine! We will def need to see pic's from the Stickburner and the Walk-In Smokehouse!

Oh, and the AR15's, all tricked out of course.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Nice introduction! Welcome. Can't wait to see those pictures of the smokehouse in action!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, TX.

Comment

I'm near the Sabine Nat'l Forest, you look to be near the Davy Crockett.

Welcome!!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                            Always nice to meet a fellow OK Joe's user!
                            Great lookin' steak!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here