Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings BBQ'ers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings BBQ'ers!

Greetings from sunny central California. I've been enjoying the information I've found on Amazing Ribs and want to do my part to make sure it sticks around so I joined. I really appreciate all of the old husbands tales that are being busted. (I always knew that rub didn't get into the center...) I've been BBQ'ing for more years than some, and less than others. I picked up my first real smoker, a WSM, in 2010 and have been enjoying great smoked chicken, ribs and roasts ever since. Living in California, my go to cut for BBQ is tri-tip, but nothing beats the taste of smoked ribs.

I have two BBQ goals for 2017. The first is to get a great pulled pork figured out. The second is to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner this year. While the first should be doable, the second is going to take more practice. Fortunately I am starting my practice early so I'll be ready. (Hopefully I get it straightened out fast, or I am going to be tired of poultry by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. )

My next smoker purchase will be a pellet smoker in the next few weeks. I am looking for easy set it and forget it backyard smoking so I am not babysitting my smoker in the hot California summer. I love gear, (who doesn't!?) so the sale on the Smoke thermometer has me looking at an upgrade, and then I saw some discussion about the FireBoard, oh and then I saw an interesting discussion about some tongs that I just have to have...

I tend to be more of a lurker on forums, I enjoy learning from others, but I'll do my best to be more active, post pictures, and keep you updated on my 2017 BBQ goals.

Welcome Ordur

Comment

Welcome from Colorado...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you use on a regular basis. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for the support! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Make sure to jump right in on the fun. This is a a great place to hang out!

-Spinaker

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
          Glad ya joined us, here!

Comment

Welcome and enjoy that sleep while the pellet popper hums!!

Comment

Hey there

Comment

Sleep is a deciding factor when buying a smoker...👍 Stickburner's are insomniacs and set it and forget it cookers value their beauty sleep.😆

Young guys like stickburners... old guys know they can smoke to flavor AND sleep at the same time.😎

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome! You've got the idea… we all love to see picture of BBQ in action and wonderful results! We love talking about equipment and that usually drives the MCS. But don't worry; when you're ready to spend money, there'll be plenty of help!

Have fun and enjoy good food!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Thanks for the warm (225 degree? ) greetings all!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here