Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from South Bend, IN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from South Bend, IN

Finally joined after using the free site for about a year and recently buying Meathead's book.

Long time smoker on a 20 year old Brinkman from Sam's who recently upgraded to a Karubecue! I had to relearn how to smoke and Meathead's book was integral to making the change successful. I now consider it required reading.

May all your smoke rings be successful!
    Lonnie
    Attached Files

Welcome llkizer

Comment

Welcome from SW Indiana

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you! What type of meat is the in the 2nd (middle) photo?

Comment

• llkizer
          llkizer commented
          Editing a comment
          That is my first brisket! Might have been just a touch over cooked. Pulled it out at 195 and foiled it. With the KBQ, there was no stall. It kinda messed up my timing, so I was trying to keep it in the cooker slower and longer. Live and learn...

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh... I thought it was a Tri tip as it looked cylindrical. Delicious Is delicious. We all get better every time. Looks good to me!

Welcome from Colorado! That's a neat looking KBQ setup you've got there ...

Comment

Yes, very neat set up. Welcome aboard! Eat good & have fun! Then again, you already have been doing that.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome. None of your photos look good - they look GREAT.

Comment

Nice setup with the cart. I've been fine with mine on the ground, but I'm going to have to give some thought to what you did there! Thanks and Welcome!

Have you got something to keep the door from angling down more than 90 degrees, or does it matter?

Comment

• llkizer
                  llkizer commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's the one thing you need to be careful on, if I let it drop it could pop the hinge. I keep forgetting to get some jack chain when I am at the box stores.

• EdF
                  EdF commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Lonnie.

Comment

Welcome from Kokomo, IN.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! Good looking setup!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
                        Thanks fer th' intro, an' pics...
                        Now, let's git to Smokin'!!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here