Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from 9500'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from 9500'

Hi all!
    I have been grilling and smoking for most of my adult life but in a pretty haphazard way. I decided to get a bit more serious in my retirement years. I have a Big Green Egg (large) and a brand new DCS 36" grill. I cooked on it for the first time last night and caught a well-soaked cedar plank on fire and burned up a new digital probe. Wow, does this grill get hot! Anyway, thought it was about time to get some technique. I want to learn about rub and sauces, too.

Welcome to fun and learning!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Kurt.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! 9500 ft? Sounds like Breckenridge ...

Comment

Welcome KurtG

Comment

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

Welcome from Northern CA. You've only got a few thousand feet to get to the top of Mt. Whitney. I know carrying that Egg makes it a slow hike but well worth it.

Comment

Welcome aboard KurtG . It's is good to see you give up your haphazardliness (a new word). You can start by losing the cedar planks. If you haven't already, get Meathead's book. You won't put it down until you finish it & it will give you a giant leap into the BBQ/grilling world. And, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you Sir. Any chance you didn't void that warranty on the probe?

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I cook on a BGE, too.

Comment

Retirement (from what I've heard) presents great new opportunities for exploration and learning! Welcome!

Comment

• tbob4
                        tbob4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It just means you take a bit of time off and then find a part-time job on the side to pay for your toys and $$ depreciation.

Tell me more about the elevation? That's close to 2 miles high..

Comment

Howdy from way down in th' Plains, Kansas Territory! (~900-ish ft. AMSL)
                        Welcome to th' Pit!
                        Totally with ya', on learnin' some technique, sauces, an' rubs!!!
                        Let's jus' Do This, together!!!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome form Virginia!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here