Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey hey! from Green Valley AZ.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey hey! from Green Valley AZ.

The Hubs and I just moved from So. Cal. to So. Az and a free patio came with our new house! We were excited to have our very first patio, tho it was in desperate need of some good times a'drinkin' and a'grillin'! Doing research on grills, I came across the Amazingribs website and after much reading, you all convinced me that I just had to have the Pit Barrel Cooker. I showed the Hubs, told him all about the reviews I had read here and that I wanted to get one and he said "its an ugly drum." And I said "Yes! thats what they call some of them...Ugly Drum Smokers!" and he said "no, I mean its an ugly old drum and you want to pay how much for that?!" Much to my dismay I could not convince him so I went back to researching, but I kept coming back here.

After about 3 weeks of sitting on our new patio, beer in hand, wishing we had some grilled meat to eat...I went behind his back and I bought it. Boy, did he rib me about that! (No pun intended)

My PBC arrived on wednesday and now here we are at almost the weekend and Im lamenting over what meat to cook first! Cause even though Ive been cautioned about "learning how your cooker cooks, before you cook..." I cannot, will not be able to stand the smell of charcoal burning without the reward of meat!! Sorry, no.

I think its gonna be a chuckie! Besides, if it goes bad, theres always hot dogs. Wish me luck...I'll post pics afterwards!
    Thanks Pitmasters for letting me in your club, I think I'm going to like it here
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170607_100600.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	330524

Welcome lynnberry72

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and to the PBC community (there are a bunch of us here) ...

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Ya can't go wrong with a chuckie.

Comment

Welcome and good luck with your PBC!

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning! Chuckie is good. So is a Pork butt. Enjoy good food on your patio!

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                Both are great and forgiving, but you might want to try something that's a shorter cook first - like pork ribs or a chicken. Then plan on the butt or chuckie the next day!

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome aboard! My suggestion is Wibs, St. Louis Wibs, full spare Wibs, baby back Wibs, Wibs & more Wibs. Eat good & enjoy!

Comment

Welcome! Fill up your fridge cause once you taste what comes out of the PBC you just want more more more! I recommend chicken halves and ribs!!

Comment

Welcome. I don't have a PBC (yet) but they sure get lots of positive comments from the users on this site. Enjoy it.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                      Glad yer here with us!
                      Lookin' forward to learnin' along with, an' from ya'!
                      My guess is that th' 'Hubs' is soon gonna be eatin' his words!
                      Jus' sayin'...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If yer wantin' "Un-Screw-Upability", Chuckies is a good call. If ya' wanna fall back, "told ya' so", just in case, like;
                        Do a pork butt, also.
                        Both are really hard to 'screw up', even fer me!

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I wish ya' th' best ever, in this cook, rootin' fer ya' from afar!!!!
                        Call us, if ya' get flummoxed by anything, along th' way...

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As I said, previous: Welcome to th' Pit!!!
                        That's how it works, hereabouts...
                        we'll git that pesky Hubby on th' right track, here, directly!!!
                        Ssssshhhh! Jus' between us here, right?

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here