Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from central New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from central New Jersey

Hello everyone. I've been reading amazinribs.com for a couple of years and find it a wealth of knowledge. I finally broke down and joined the club. I had a Weber Genesis silver c for many years. It finally got to the point where it wasn't worth fixing anymore. I then bought a Broil King Regal which I think is great. I have a Char Griller smokin pro which I do not like. After fighting with it for 3 years I just bought a Camp Chef SmokePro DLX. It is being delivery Friday. I haven't decided what to smoke first. I will entertain any suggestions.

Welcome Jetwrecker

Comment

I always go with a pork butt, very forgiving and a good way to try out a new smoker. Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Jetwrecker
        Jetwrecker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. That's what I was thinking. Good thing my wife likes pulled pork sandwiches.

• j_keegan
        j_keegan commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 for pork butt. That was one of my first cooks as well and it was awesome!

• EdF
        EdF commented
        Editing a comment
        Or if you're feeling more conservative, pork ribs! Where are you - we're in Atlantic Highlands?

Welcome to The Pit, we are happy to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. It wouldn't hurt to throw a chuck roast on beside the butt. Pulled beef is even better than pulled pork.

Comment

Hey Welcome from NNJ! Jersey City to be precise. Where in CNJ are you? I'll second the other recommendations pork butt!

Comment

• Jetwrecker
              Jetwrecker commented
              Editing a comment
              I am near Great Adventure. It is definitely going to be a pork butt.

Welcome from island paradise...Puerto Rico.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning. Good choice on the pellet grill and the pork butt. Post pictures if you can!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                    Jetwrecker , huh?
                    Bettin' there's a story behind that moniker...

Comment

• Jetwrecker
                      Jetwrecker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You are so right about the moniker. I'll explain soon.

• Mr. Bones
                      Mr. Bones commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Roger Dat, fair enough!
                      I'll be standin' by....

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson! Interesting handle, do you hail from somewhere in southern Arizona?

Comment

Welcome to the pit Jetwrecker . You will love your DLX, I think my first cook was a pork loin. The sky is the limit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome Jetwrecker. We appreciate your support here. Is there a story behind you username??

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here