Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from SC

Hello everyone. I'm Joe from the Upstate of SC and have loved BBQ for years, but have starting really smoking meats the last year or so. I travel for work and enjoy sampling the BBQ in different regions of the country and then trying to incorporate the stuff I like into what I cook. This site has been a great resource and really appreciate all the hard work that has gone into it.

I look forward to participating in the forums and learning more and more about BBQ.

Thanks, Joe

Right on Skutrbum I am down here in the Lowcountry of SC! You came to the right place!

From my own expeience under the advice of Meathead and Co. I dropped back and punted on the smoking.

Instead of failing at ribs or brisket, I started with my new smoker on a pork butt - it truly is a resilient piece of meat that can take alot of temp fluxuations.

Start doing homework by reading the smoking techniques and following the step by step instructions on each cut of meat.

Comment

Welcome Skutrbum. I see from your sig that you know how to tweak and improve things. You are really going to like it here. I look forward to your posts and pics.

Comment

Thanks guys for the welcome. HC, I do a pretty mean PB now and have developed a good rub. Beef is next on my list. This site and forum are definitely a great resource.

Comment

Welcome Skutrbum. I could've sworn I already greeted you, maybe it was on another post somewhere. I see you completed your signature great job! I also see you have a stickburner on your wishlist, high five!

When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, there's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks.

We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Joe! You've got a lot of cookers. Can't wait to see pics of them in action;$

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here