Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Iowa

My name is Travis and I am very impressed with this site. It has been a great learning tool for me and I hope it is around for many years to come. I am still new to this "BBQ" game but I really enjoy smoking/cooking and currently own a Yoder Cheyenne stick burner. It is a lot more work than the pellet grill I used to have but that is part of the fun. Hope everyone has a great holiday season!

Hi ya Travis... welcome aboard. The Yoder sounds like a good one... how bout some pictures!

Comment

Thanks smarkley! This is the only picture I have on my phone. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0369.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	32665

Comment

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice.... very NICE! Huskee is a Yoder user, and I think a couple others use their pellet grill.

Hey Trav... Welcome!

Comment

• toetter
        toetter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Jon! Glad to be here!

Welcome Travis glad to have you and thanks for the support. I think you will find the info and people well worth your membership. You are getting started right with a picture right away.

Comment

• toetter
        toetter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Guy- It is definitely worth the membership and I would probably pay double if need be. This site has truly helped me out in my journey!

Welcome Travis, You're my kind of cooker a "stick burner". There is nothing like cooking with logs...

Comment

• toetter
        toetter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks "DEE DUB"!
        Like most I started out with a Masterbuilt electric smoker. My uncle, who is a true die hard smoker and stick burner, asked me if it came with Mickey Mouse tongs. lol- After that I purchased a Blazin Gridiron pellet grill. It cooked great food but there was no smoke flavor according to the judges (co-workers). After much practice I decided to move on to a stick burner. For me, part of the cooking experience is to watch the fire and the pit to see what it is doing at all times. To set a temp and forget it was just not for me. I am truly enjoying my new pit and still have a TON to learn but am looking forward to it! Nothing but logs for me from now on!!

Welcome Travis! Great to have another Yoder user here! And I agree with your above comment to DWC totally. I love building my fire and having food come out the other end. Pushing a button and hooking up an iPad/pod just isn't for me either. If ever I'm marooned on an island with a metal drum and some trees and some boar, I like knowing I can eat well (assuming my hunting skills aren't too rusty).

Speaking of that nice EOS Yoder of yours, let's get your signature filled out!

When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature (tip #1) with your equipment. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... but it looks like you've figured that out fairly well.

We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!
      Last edited by Huskee; November 18, 2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Welcome Travis! Love that smoker! I'd have one myself if I had a decent place to use it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here