Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing myself!

Hi, I am new (obviously) to the Pit and wanted to say hey! I am in Northern Virginia (Great Falls). I would love to connect with any locals.

Welcome Davidrewalt! Thanks for the support. Are you new to BBQ or an experienced ol' pro? Either way, we're glad to have you here and look forward to more interaction. You'll find there's a great bunch of guys & gals here all of us with a common interest in good food (& drink).

Here's some 'new member' homework for you:
    When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature (tip #1) with your equipment. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks.

We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy

Comment

Welcome, cute kiddo. Unfortunately nowhere near northern VA.

Comment

Me either. I am in Florida. However welcome to the site. If you like barbecue you will love this site and it will get you pumped up. Everyone here is very helpful for anything you need to know.

Comment

Welcome. This site is great. Have fun and wishing you great cooking.

Comment

Hello DR, Welcome to the machine! Glad to have you.

Comment

Thanks all! I am happy to be part of the family! I am back to BBQ after a multi-year hiatus due to being in condos and moving a lot. I did a lot of cooking back in the day in GA on an offset smoker. Now I have a house and am happy to be back at it. Wow! things have changed in BBQ tech since the late 90's. I am currently enjoying the RecTec pellet smoker but am looking to obtain additional gear. I think my next addition will be a Primo ceramic primarily for winter cooking. I have also been experimenting with a pit/cowboy style but have a lot to learn. Stay in touch!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here