Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Newfoundland, Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome and cheers from Norway!

Comment

Welcome, from Sudbury Ontario....nice set of equipment ya got there...

Comment

Welcome, from Winnipeg ....

Comment

A hearty welcome from Minnesota!

Comment

And from North Carolina! Newfoundland is on my bucket list of places to visit!

Comment

• JeffHillyard
      JeffHillyard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Flavorsavor, make sure you come late summer or you'll think we're all nuts for living here the rest of the year!

• Flavorsavor
      Flavorsavor commented
      Editing a comment
      Will do!

Welcome from the Southernmost state in the US. I've never been to Newfoundland, but my father's ancestors lived there from the early 1800's.

Comment

• JeffHillyard
      JeffHillyard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks johnec00! Fascinating about your ancestors, do you know where they settled in Newfoundland?

• johnec00
      johnec00 commented
      Editing a comment
      JeffHillyard - Sorry about the delayed response, my internet has been dead for most of the week. My great-great-great grandfather was the Pastor of the Church of England in Burgeo from 1848 until 1894. I don't know if any kin still live there.

Welcome, Jeff!

In early September 2005, I spent some time motorcycling in Newfoundland (itinerary below). The island is spectacular, but what made the experience so wonderful were the people. When I commented to a Newfie about the friendliness of the people and the wonderful hospitality extended me, he said, "Hell, when you live on a rock in the Atlantic Ocean, you are just glad to have someone new to talk to!" Motorcycling in Newfoundland remains one of my life's best memories.

(Ferried from North Sydney, NS to Argentia, NL; spent several days in St. John's; then rode the TCH east to Deer Lake and north on 430 to St. Barbe. Ferried from St. Barbe to Blanc Sablon, QC and spent a couple of days riding in Quebec and Labrador before returning to St. Barbe and riding south to Port aux Basques for the ferry back to North Sydney, NS.)
    Last edited by kudzu; May 27, 2017, 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• JeffHillyard
      JeffHillyard commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks kudzu! I've since sold my bike, but I used to ride. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here