Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    gcdmd Thanks fer them there kind words!
    Lookin' forward to seein' y'all, thereabouts!

• lonnie mac
    commented on 's reply
    I'm over here in Bacliff, San Leon area.

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    Where are you at, Lonnie mack ?

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    We'll be happy to welcome you to the Republic of Texas, Mr. Bones . You should fit right in and find plenty of good Q and kindred spirits.

BTW, I spent part of my youth as an Army brat living at Ft. Riley and Ft. Leavenworth. They were good years. My maternal grandparents were from Hutchinson.

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Headin' to roost, down that way, here in a few yrs...
    Love how ya' put it; gonna use that, down th' road! Thanks!!!

• lonnie mac
    commented on 's reply
    Aw man I love Victoria! Need to ride my bike out that way again soon!

• gcdmd
    replied
    Welcome from Victoria (TX, that is, not BC) from a naturalized Texan. I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could, with a little help from Uncle Sam back in the seventies.

Leave a comment:

• JoeInTX
    replied
    Welcome from West Houston, Katy area!

Leave a comment:

• mattyb05
    replied
    Welcome from Philadelphia

Leave a comment:

• T-bone
    replied
    Howdy from a displaced Texan in Northern Virginia. Welcome to the Pit, but beware it spreads MCS (more cooker syndrome) throughout it's membership.

Leave a comment:

• kmhfive
    replied
    Welcome to fun and learning. You've got some great cookers! When you do go for the Weber, take a hard look at the Slow-n-Sear. It is a game changer.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit and to the PBC community...

Leave a comment:

• native_texan
    replied
    Originally posted by checkairspeed View Post
    Welcome Native! Pass any Texas brisket tips this way. Thnx!
    Thanks! The one thing I would say is sure never saw anybody wrap a brisket in butcher paper or foil..at least in East Texas where I grew up. Obviously someone in Texas invented the "Texas crutch" but I never use it and they always come out juicy and the stall only lasts maybe 20 minutes..and that was on my Chargriller. I will say that I usually go for the first 2-3 hours at 280-300F before going down to 250F. Can't wait to try brisket on the PBC!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy, back atcha, from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!!
    Loved yer intro; don't never feel ashamed fer any cooker ya' can make great bbq in.
    Th' Magic ain't in th' cooker

Leave a comment:

• native_texan
    replied
    Originally posted by FireMan View Post
    Welcome aboard there native_texan. Since your new & all, we do require pics of all new purchases of cookers & first cooks. So I would get to it
    & then be prepared to show us all about the Weber when it arrives. It is a law. It can be found under section FM 4250 in the AR by-laws. Eat good & have fun!
    Just got approval from the HOA to replace our patio slab and patio cover so will wait until that is done now to get the Weber, but will share 2nd PBC cook pics the next time around. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here