Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time reader, first time poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long time reader, first time poster

Hi! My name is Jon, and I am originally from the Lubbock, Texas area, but have been living in Clarksville, TN since 1996.(Thanks to the Army!) I just realized that I have not posted since joining the Pit last year. I've been retired from the Army for 3 years now, but I still work with the military as an FSR for FLIR Systems, working with airborne IR sensors. I've been grilling and smoking for 15 years or so, but since I discovered Amazing Ribs awhile back, my smoke game has definitely improved. I currently use an Old Country Over and Under smoker, but I also cut my teeth and experimented with Meathead's recipes on a cheap vertical gas smoker, which still works great, before I bought my stick burner. My dad was a butcher, so I have a keen interest in the different cuts of meat and how to best prepare them over flame and smoke. Since he passed away 2 years ago, this has been a way for me to honor and remember him while doing something that we both loved. There is no better feeling of satisfaction than there is at that moment when you set that platter of smoked meat on a table, after 12-18 hrs of tending fires and checking temps, and your family and friends begin enjoying the fruits of your labor. Barbecue truly does bring people together.

Great intro. Welcome from northern NJ.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for your service!!

Comment

Thank you JCBBQ and Jerod!

Comment

Greetings from Florida JonnyB

Comment

Welcome from your prior home in Lubbock. Another west Texas boy. Wish you many good cooks.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jon.

Comment

Welcome from sunny Florida!

Comment

Welcome JohnnyB

Comment

Welcome JonnyB !!

Comment

Welcome and thank you for your service to our country. We are honored to have your support.

Comment

Welcome to fun and learning. Thanks for Serving!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!
                          Thank for your Service!!!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Jon!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here