Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Michigan!

Hello, everyone!

Long time griller, first time smoker... I've been looking at and pining over smokers for the past couple years, and almost went the easy route with propane.. that's when I found the cult following for the WSM. My wife ended up surprising me with one for my birthday (in March,) and I've been hooked ever since! I'd been using this site as a reference for everything I've done, from techniques to recipes, so I sprung for Meathead's book. I'm looking forward to many more smokes in the future!

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome straturday

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, as RonB sez: Welcome to The Pit!!!
        Questions: What size WSM ya got? I gots two 18'5" 's...
        Do ya play a Stratocaster? I do, always makes fer a happy Straturday!!!
        Love th' terminology, done stoled it!!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Wonderful Job on th' Wife's part, btw, be sure to relay my praise!!!

• straturday
          straturday commented
          Editing a comment
          I have the 18.5". She definitely did a good job! Her birthday's in a week, and I have yet to figure out how to top her!

Good catch, I do play a Strat! I also have a Tele, which comes in a close second for my favorite guitar!

Congratulations and welcome to fun and learning!

Comment

Welcome from the Southern Tier of New York.

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

welcome from CT

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank You for the support!

-Spinaker

Comment

Cool Beanage!!!
                    I have a '73 (Big Head) Strat, "Frankenstrat", that is my main Battleaxe! Tattooed headstock, an' all!!!
                    She has a Bill Lawrence neck pickup, stock '73 middle, an' a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in th' bridge position.
                    For backup, (when my tech is changin' a broke string), I have a ~similar lookin, white, first-year Squier strat, fine-ass axe, as well. Fender admittedly cried, when they saw th' first Japanese prototypes, look it up. This is one of those good ones!
                    Frankie gets th' SRV string set .056-.013, modified. Lotsa nickel to git ahold of!!!!
                    Clone gets my more usual .010 D'ardarrios.
                    Magenta Lotus strat o copy, always has .011's, fer some slide, Clyde!D'Ardarrios, as well. Sometimes I chuck .012's on her, if I'm outta .011's.
                    Fender Texas Specials do th' wailin', on her...
                    68 Twin Reverb, 76 Deluxe Reverb, Crate Vintage Club 30 is what I usually have A/B/Y 'ed on stage. through Tube Screamer, elderly (modded CryBaby, B.K. Butler Real Tube, fitted with a 12AT7 Mullard, as needed! Smooth as buttah!!!
                    I have more, but will shut up, least-wise fer now!!!
                    Last edited by Mr. Bones; April 30, 2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Ooooh, a wife who feeds your addiction! How nice! Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
                          Cool Beanage!!!
                          I have a '73 (Big Head) Strat, "Frankenstrat", that is my main Battleaxe! Tattooed headstock, an' all!!!
                          She has a Bill Lawrence neck pickup, stock '73 middle, an' a Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder in th' bridge position.
                          For backup, (when my tech is changin' a broke string), I have a ~similar lookin, white, first-year Squier strat, fine-ass axe, as well. Fender admittedly cried, when they saw th' first Japanese prototypes, look it up. This is one of those good ones!
                          Frankie gets th' SRV string set .056-.013, modified. Lotsa nickel to git ahold of!!!!
                          Clone gets my more usual .010 D'ardarrios.
                          Magenta Lotus strat o copy, always has .011's, fer some slide, Clyde!D'Ardarrios, as well. Sometimes I chuck .012's on her, if I'm outta .011's.
                          Fender Texas Specials do th' wailin', on her...
                          68 Twin Reverb, 76 Deluxe Reverb, Crate Vintage Club 30 is what I usually have A/B/Y 'ed on stage. through Tube Screamer, elderly (modded CryBaby, B.K. Butler Real Tube, fitted with a 12AT7 Mullard, as needed! Smooth as buttah!!!
                          I have more, but will shut up, least-wise fer now!!!
                          That's quite a stable you have there!

My Strat is an Olympic White American Standard, and usually keeps strung with 10-46 DR Pure Blues. It has the Fat 50s in all three positions. I had a Hot Rails in the bridge, but it just wasn't for me. I'm pretty close to throwing a Duncan SSL-5 in it.

The Tele is a Surf Green American Standard with a 1 piece rosewood neck. The headstock, neck and fretboard are one giant chunk of rosewood. Same strings. It has the stock Tele pickups: a lipstick and a Twisted Tele.

I also have a black Gibson SG Standard as well, with the stock 490/498 pups.

I've got loads of pedals, as I've been collecting those from years. The favs are the true bypass crybaby, analog mod DD3 delay, OCD overdrive, and a Maxon OD808 tubescreamer, and P19 Rams Head Muff clone. I'm jealous of that BK Butler, though! That's the grail for Gilmour tone!

Everything goes into a 50 watt Fender 5150 IIi and a 2x12 loaded with vintage 30s.
                          Last edited by straturday; May 1, 2017, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                            Mr. Bones commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Sounds like a good time to me!!!!!!
                            Hot Dang!!!!
                            Oops!!!
                            Fergot to tell ya':
                            Electro Harmonix Memory Man (Original), sometimes...

Welcome aboard! I have never been surprised with a cooker gift, but I have been surprised that I've never had to return one that I bought without first getting approval from the DW.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here