Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New members just a bit of advice from my experience as a new member.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow lots of experience. Welcome, and can't wait to see your post and pictures. Thanks for the support.

Comment

• Marauderer
      Marauderer commented
      Editing a comment
      Guy, I saw in your SIG that you live in the Crestview area. My son lives in Allentown (North Milton) and gets his tractors from Wise Equipment in Crestview. Maybe we can get together the next time I visit him.

Good thread Guy. I'm going to sticky it so new members will have a better time seeing it in the future.

Comment

• Guy
      Guy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and suits me. Might save a new member until they realize they want everything anyway. LOL

Marauderer, I just brought a John Deer mower from Wise. My wife has known the Wise family for years, Let me know next time you are coming. Supposed to be in the low 20's here on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
      Marauderer, I just brought a John Deer mower from Wise. My wife has known the Wise family for years, Let me know next time you are coming. Supposed to be in the low 20's here on Tuesday.
      We will be coming down before the end of the year. I am sending you a PM

Comment

To Guy,,,yeah I am a bit late on a reply,,,,I bought my 22'WSM 3-4 years ago and have not looked back since. I did not even know of the PBC until of late. A friend bought one and is quite happy with it. I asked him how much wood he uses for smoking and he said the PBC crew said you don't need to add wood chips/chunks but you can if you like....HUH?? No wood chips, no smoke flavor from wood chips? I guess the meat drippings and charcoal add enuff "smoke flavoring"?? Can someone please splain that to me. If you notice in the videos Noah presents he does not use wood at all. I really enjoy the set it and forget concept.

Comment

• Marauderer
          Marauderer commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Andy, this is your first post. Welcome to the "Pit Nation". You are going to like it here. Lots of help from folks that have done it not just sat in front of the computer and read about it. I look forward to your posts and pics.

• Guy
          Guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mine WSM is only 18.5.

• Guy
          Guy commented
          Editing a comment
          Better late than never, Andy.

I usually add a couple small chunks of mesquite, hickory, or apple once the charcoal is going pretty good... works great!

Comment

How long do I wait after lighting Komodo before starting to grill. We don't like the smoke taste.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Stubbs, check out the charcoal & komado channels. You should wait until the blue smoke stops or nearly stops, then you'll just have heat from the coals for the most part.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here