Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Iowa, new member here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Iowa, new member here!

Hello everyone, new member here from Iowa. I've checked out the site from time to time, but for Christmas I got the "Meathead" book from my family and it included a trial for the site so I figured I'd give it a go!

Happy BBQing everyone

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!!
    I rather think ya'll enjoy yer stay here, an' sign up, proper, like...
    Great Folks, an' plenty of learnin' to share!!!
    I gots kin up to Davenport, Burlington, an' Ft' Madison...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Bones, if you are correct, I'm sure I will. Especially if I have other like minded people to share my love for BBQ with. I'm sure if they are like most of the Iowans I know. I'm in great company with them here in our great state

Comment

Originally posted by RonB View Post
          Welcome to The Pit.
          Thanks man!

Comment

Give it some trial time, see what ya' think. Fair enough?
            See ya' around, 'round here, I'd reckon!
            Show us yer toys, cooks, etc.
            Strike up a conversation; ain't nobody gonna snap at ya', or flame ya', in these here parts.
            Pull up a chair, make yerself comfy, like...
            Enjoy, like a cold Mason jar of lemonade, on a hot Summer's Day!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
              Give it some trial time, see what ya' think. Fair enough?
              See ya' around, 'round here, I'd reckon!
              Show us yer toys, cooks, etc.
              Strike up a conversation; ain't nobody gonna snap at ya', or flame ya', in these here parts.
              Pull up a chair, make yerself comfy, like...
              Enjoy, like a cold Mason jar of lemonade, on a hot Summer's Day!
              Sounds good to me! One thing I'm curious about is in the "About" section it shows my address, is that only visible to me?

Thanks

Comment

When I clicked on yer avatar, jus' now, it only shows "Location: IA"

Comment

Here's a screenshot of what I see: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2118.PNG
Views:	175
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	312128

Comment

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome to fun and learning! Glad to have you.

Originally posted by SilentHunter View Post
                  Hello everyone, new member here from Iowa. I've checked out the site from time to time, but for Christmas I got the "Meathead" book from my family and it included a trial for the site so I figured I'd give it a go!

Happy BBQing everyone
                  Welcome and just a quick FYI, you must choose one moderator, preferably from Texas, to go with you on a bowhunting adventure. Any mention of "conflict of interest" is not allowed.

Great to have ya!!!

Comment

Welcome from the Southern Tier of New York, SilentHunter .

Comment

Originally posted by kmhfive View Post
                      Here's a screenshot of what I see: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2118.PNG
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	312128
                      Thanks! I wondered, figured that was the case but thought I'd ask. Didn't want personal info out there for the world to see.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                        Mr. Bones commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Didn't want personal info out there for the world to see.
                        Understood, I'm all about that!

Welcome SilentHunter

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post

Welcome and just a quick FYI, you must choose one moderator, preferably from Texas, to go with you on a bowhunting adventure. Any mention of "conflict of interest" is not allowed.

Great to have ya!!!
                        Ha, if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods during Bow season (Deer) you'd be more than welcome to tag along. I made some back strap the other day from this past seasons deer. It was Very good. Click image for larger version

Name:	backstrap.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	312149

Comment

SilentHunter I think I have one pack left in the freezer.

Just got a new (to me) back tension release.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170429_134418.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	312152

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here