Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a newbee.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a newbee.......

Hey y'all. I'm a Southerner trapped in a temporary job on Long Island NY, so I bought a MeadowCreek smoker for my 40th and jumped into BBQ with both feet. I'm pretty much starting from scratch, so the learning curve is steep. I'm an Army Surgeon, so after I've trimmed the meat I'm instantly out of my element. Here's to the adventure!

Welcome ColdSteel! I spent five years living in New Jersey and was born and raised in Alabama, so I can sympathize. Thanks for your service (I separated USAF after 9 years). Please check out the Welcome and Announcements channel. There's a lot of good information there. Tip# 1 in the tips thread should be your next stop!

Comment

Welcome, saw your name and for some reason this instantly came to mind.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	5773842.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	31182

You need to head out and do some work in Hawaii, the Army Dr's I had to see were out of there element at work

Comment

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I was thinking the same thing before I read your post here, I LOLed. Blue Steel. Really REALLY good looking.

Welcome ColdSteel! THE best way to learn this art from scratch is to start cooking with logs, or charcoal & logs. It is harder yes, but if you can master it (and it should be relatively easy with a top notch machine like yours) you can do just about anything with any machine, and the others will all get easier. Now you have the capacity to cook for a whole backyard party. Way to go, kudos on such a nice smoker.

Here's some 'new member' homework for you:
      Like Pit Boss mentioned, please check out the Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature (tip #1) with your equipment. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy

Comment

WELCOME CS!

Comment

Welcome ColdSteel and happy belated Veteran's Day. Thanks for your service and for your support here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here