Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Fellow BBQers,

I just joined the group and I am looking forward to many delightful discussions about smoking and BBQ's. I have had many units over the years and spend most of the Spring, Summer and Fall cooking outside. I am located about 15 mile east of San Diego close to the foothills. Our moderate temps allow for being outside often in the worst winter weather in the east.
    I enjoy Gardening as my first love followed by hunting, shooting, raising worms for personal and modest profit. I have owned a mushroom growing business. I have been a carpenter, superintendent and building contractor. Now I enjoy my passion for being outdoors, being a Papa and my desire to experiment with cooking and grilling. I currently have a six burner natural gas grill and a pellet smoker, which now get most of the cooking time. I am looking forward to new ideas and product to advance my knowledge of the art of grillin,

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit homegrower1 ... what you growing?πŸ˜† The fed's frown on things the State of California finds no problems with.πŸ‘Œ Home growing hogs would be great. We have a guy that raises a few chickens so some pigs will fit right in. Shrooms...? Obama liked them.

As far as you buying new gear to advance your knowledge of the art of grillin...😬 You are screwed! First you need to determine how much per month you want to allocate into your MCS budget. Then you're going to need to review your patio/deck space available for this project. Then start thinking about shed storage space for extra grills, smokers and accessories. MCS is something we all get once we join the Pit but you walked right in the front door announcing your intention to acquire more gear. That's unique. Let your checkbook be your guide.πŸ˜–

If you intend to rival the undisputed Queen of our MCS gang, CandySueQ , that will take a while. She has 16 smokers she admits to and she has a 900 sq ft, BBQ shack, she calls it. She's offended by me calling it a shed.

A few things you will be pointed toward over the next few weeks will be a Weber kettle with the SnS, a PBC, a KBQ, a Kamado cooker and mountains and mountains of accessories. We will gladly help you spend yourself into the poor house buying new BBQ gear.πŸ€‘πŸ€‘πŸ€‘
        Last edited by Breadhead; June 18, 2017, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, yes. The MCS starts. Not mentioned, but ultimately vital, thermometers … lots and lots. Remote reading, instant reading, plotting and storing… you'll need a Maverick 732, a Thermoworks, look at the Smoke, then the Fireboard. Thermostatic controllers, various fans. It's gonna be fun!

Welcome!

• CandySueQ
          CandySueQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I think I am OMCS! Add Overboard to the front. It's a 30x30 shop off the garage. If it were open on one side where I could cook in it, it'd be much more functional!

• homegrower1
          homegrower1 commented
          Editing a comment
          So sorry to be late in responding Breadhead. just got around to drilling into the site, as a 10 lb. pork should is working its way toward completion on this fine Fathers Day. We had a wedding last weekend and now that things are calming down it is time to really get involved.

homegrower1, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
        Enjoy "The Pit"! Your Wx Allows for You to BBQ 24-7-365 it's A Dirty Job but You're Up To It!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit homegrower1! It's great to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit

Comment

Welcome homegrower1

Comment

Welcome! Glad to have you on the forum.

Comment

Welcome from CT

Comment

Welcome from the Southern Tier of New York, homegrower1

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here