Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatsup from Ontario, NY (Near Rochester)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatsup from Ontario, NY (Near Rochester)

Hello everybody! My name is Adam and I have been BBQ'ing for about 2 years now. I have cooked on a gas grill for ages at least 20 years now and own a fine Weber Spirit 300. Its great for quick stuff like burgers and chicken breasts. I was at my Aunt's house a few years ago and she was displaying her new BGE. After eating the food I decided I must have a Kamado! After research I purchased a Primo Oval JR and it has been my prize possession for 2 years now. I Love my Primo! I will eventually purchase an Oval XL to complete my set.

I typically BBQ a couple times a week Rain/Snow/Shine. I have done great pork, brisket, chickens, cornish hens, chicken bombs, ATB's, Tri-Tips, fatties, etc. But my one challenge has always been Ribs. Sometimes they are amazing, other times So-So. I just can't seem to find the magic spot.

Luckily the Dinosaur BBQ is not far if I ever need a quick fix. Especially in the cold WNY winters.

My best bud owns a WSM and I have cooked on that a few times also. I highly recommend Bill Gillespie's Book "Secrets to Cooking on the WSM". It has a number of great recipes that translate across any type of cooker.

Well just wanted to say hi and let anyone know if they questions about the Primo's or Kamado's feel free to ask. I have scientifically researched all of them (literally).

Get it on!

Welcome to The Pit Adam.

Comment

Welcome adamjmain

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit adamjmain! We’re glad you joined!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

adamjmain, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
            Enjoy "The Pit"!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome! Share pictures if you've got 'em!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from a BGE guy.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit adamjmain ...👍

Its always nice to have another kamado cooker in the Pit.

A while back there was a group of us Kamado cookers under the direction of a Pit Member, CeramicChef , that tried to compile a collection of valuable information for new Kamado owners that would give them a kick start on how to use their new cooker properly right from the start. We felt that that just needed to be done, mostly because no other website had properly organized that information for a completely uninformed newbie to get a guick easy start.

Feel free to review those threads and add anything to them that you think we missed. That project is a never ending open source idea and anyone can contribute to it if they feel they have helpful information to add.

There might be some interesting information there you've never thought of too.👍

Comment

Welcome from the Southern Tier of New York.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome From Clay, Ny.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Thank You for the support!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Adam!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here