Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from San Jose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from San Jose

Wanted to stop by and say hi. I started browsing the Amazing Ribs site about a year and a half ago, mainly the product reviews section. I've only been smoking food for the past 5 yeas or so, and I feel like I'm progressing up the equipment rank. Started with a Bradley, loved it till it broke (mid cook *rage*) and I started doing research on my next move (how I found this site), and switched to a PBC. Really really enjoy the PBC, it always gets comments from people who only grill, and of course cranks out great chow. That said, I wanted to try my hand at stick burning, so I recently picked up a KBQ based on the review (official + comments). Inaugural cook will be this weekend, baby back and st louis ribs!

Also recently picked up Meathead's book, and decided to use the coupon sticker, hence how I'm now in the forums (expecting to re-up when it expires). Great book, I feel like I've read much of it already, but it sticks in my head more when I read something printed on dead trees. I forced myself to sit down and read every section, even when I thought I knew it already or didn't care about that particular aspect, and I'm definitely still learning. =)

Anyway, looking forward to being part of this community of BBQ lovers!

Welcome Spathiinc

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Have fun. You've got incredible equipment. Lots of folks will be able to give you tips on usage. Please post pictures of your efforts!!

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Hey, nice to meetcha, Welcome to th'Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!! Great to have you. We have a great PBC crew here in the Pit. Check out this thread by one our charter members( fzxdoc ) She has a Ph.D in the PBC! There is also a lot of great discussion regarding the PBC.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) ”Huskee” with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
                Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Great to have you!
                -Spinaker

Comment

Welcome. And don't forget to report results on https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...q-~-has-landed

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! Will do that homework assignment, and holy cow, 60 pages on that KBQ post! I can't wait to read it all!

Comment

welcome from CT

Comment

Welcome from Chico - definitely re-up before the time runs out. You will have a lot of fun here.

Comment

Welcome from the Southern Tier of New York.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here