Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from NE PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NE PA

Hi. I'm Dave. I recently relocated back home to PA after retiring from the Air Force. I'm an avid homebrewer, cyclist and I plan to get back into hunting after several years away from it. I left my old gas grill with my buddy's kid in Colorado since he had just got a new apartment. I bought a new Weber Performer on sale at Home Depot a couple weeks ago. I've ordered a Smokenator for it which I am still waiting for. It's been a long time since I had a charcoal grill and I've never smoked anything so I'm looking forward to learning how to do that. I've been lurking on the site for a few weeks and decided I'd subscribe since it has been so helpful. Look forward to chatting with you all!

Welcome Dave and thanks for the support!!!

You do any bowhunting??

I had to take a couple weeks off, should be back at it this weekend a bit. I have next week off...woohooo!!!

I figure bowhunting during rifle season will decrease the chance of me having to haul a deer out the woods.

Comment

Welcome Dave from another Pennsylvanian (although I'm a transplant). I'm in West Chester. I've got a Performer Silver and a Smokenator and think it's a great combination for grilling and smoking. I haven't used my gas smoker since I got the kettle and I haven't used my gas grill in a few months.

This is a great place to learn.

Comment

Hi Dave, thanks for joining up with us! We look forward to being there on your journey to Pimasterhood. Yes I am pretty sure that is a real word.

Here's some 'new member' homework for you:
        When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature (tip #1) with your equipment. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy

Comment

Hey Daveit! Welcome.

Comment

Hey Dave, welcome to The Pit! Congrats on retirement and thank you for your service. I'm a USAF of 9+ years myself then decided to make a go of things in corporate America. I flew C-130s in the Navigator position. I'm also a cyclist (though not practicing at the moment). I've got a Litespeed Vortex frame done up in Dura-Ace kit.

If you don't have a good digital thermometer like the Maverick ET-732, stop everything and go buy one now! It will make or break you when it comes to smoking on that performer with smokenator combo you're putting together.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here