Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daniel from Toronto here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel from Toronto here

Hi everyone, nice to meet you. I'm born and raised in Toronto and spent 8 years cooking professionally. I did a culinary apprenticeship and got to travel the world and have some fun. Eventually, real life set in and I gave up the professional side but still cook a ton.

I was diagnosed a Celiac a few years back which ruled out a lot of BBQ for me... Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and lots of BBQ sauces are off limits for me. I have a big gas grill that I use for every day stuff and I bought a smallish traeger last year....i have to say that I've struggled with the traeger at times. I buy all my meat direct from the farm and it's delicious but I'm looking to get better with the Traeger (and likely buy an egg this year.)

Welcome 4soup

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Daniel!

Comment

Welcome from the Southern Tier of New York.

Comment

Welcome aboard, eat good & have fun. So, sauces are out, but the meat is in, how about the rubs?

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Welcome! Try some of the tips on here and I'll bet that Traeger will be singing! Ask questions and study. Lots of helpful folk around. Glad you joined. There is a whole sub-forum on wood pellets and several folks have Traegers.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit 4soup! Thanks for joining and nice to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The pit Daniel.

Comment

Thanks guys. My email address is current and I do have a US mailing address. I'm going to look for the Traeger forum because I've yet to discover what all the hype is about. The first time I did a brisket the auger jammed and started a big fire: the second time I got some error code and the pork shoulder just sat there for hours.

Sigh

But that's why I'm here, to get better so I can eat better!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome, Daniel 4soup from NW Arkansas

Comment

Welcome to the pit, I have a relative who has celiac and if you know of a recipe that's safe for them I'll forever be in your debt!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here