Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

introduction..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

introduction..

Greetings fellow meat smokers, For me nothing smells or tastes as hedonistic as the process of rendering fat on a fire in a smoker. I presently use an assassin 28 at last once per month and I load it up, smoke till its done refrigerate, vac pac and freeze then live off the fruits of my labor till I run out. I then repeat as often as needed. I have been smoking meat with my family as long as I can remember. My earliest memories are of my maternal grandparents having a smoke house on their dairy farm.

I also roast coffee and enjoy that endothermic transfer to exothermic process and the wonderful perfume aroma created during roasting. Plus having really fresh coffee is another bonus. Well these are my favorite pastimes and smoke meat and coffee go good together. I use coffee in rubs and sauces. It is a thing of great beauty for the nose, taste, eye and ear. in short smoke meat and roasting coffee give me joie de vivre, or for you not from south Louisiana, Joy of Life.

Laissez les bons temps rouler,

Randy Harville

Welcome to The Pit Randycha! Sounds like a great couple past times. Thanks for joining up with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Randy ...

Comment

Welcome Randycha

Comment

Welcome aboard Randy!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome! I hope you share your secrets for us to learn from…or at least pictures to drool over!

Comment

Welcome, I was given a coffee roaster and have never used it. Where do you get your raw coffee beans?

Comment

• kmhfive
                    kmhfive commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not sure where the OP gets beans, but I know Williams Brewing sells a variety. They are in California, but they have Internet and Catalog service.

Welcome from ne ohio

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Randy.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas territory, Welcome to th' Pit!!!
                        Lookin' forward to hearin' more from ya', an' learnin' along with, an' from ya'!

Comment

Randycha, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                          Enjoy "The Pit"!
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here