Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from a Hoosier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from a Hoosier

Hi all, I'm very new to the BBQ scene. In fact I'm still waiting on my Pit Barrel Cooker to arrive. I thought it was going to be here Monday but sadly it won't arrive until Wednesday. I do have a Weber Genesis grill with the front, middle and rear burners. It is way overdue for a good cleaning. It has the cast iron grates and I just got the stainless steel flavorizer bars. I guess tomorrow will be a good day to do some maintenance on it. I'm pretty eager to try some recipes from the site and learn as much as I can about BBQ. Have a great day! Matt

Well Matt you couldn't have picked a better place to learn. This is my go to site for all things BBQ and my cooking has improved drastically since I found it.

Welcome aboard.

-Joel

Comment

Welcome Matt. Good things come to those who wait.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Matt! Your Weber Genesis sounds like it's very similar to my model. I've replaced the flavorizer bars and the grates with stainless steel. MUCH less maintenance now.

Check out my welcome letter and tips on how to create a sig. They're in the Welcome and Announcements Channel.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome! David, which stainless grates did you go with? Matt

Comment

Welcome, nice to meet you Matt!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here