Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member From Sydney Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member From Sydney Australia

Hey everyone,

Long time reader of this site, glad to be a member and able to support you all

Everything i know about grilling, smoking and equipment can be credited to this here site. It's my bible for any cooking done in my outdoor kitchen.

By day, I'm a technical guy working in IT. By night, I'm a dad of two (soon to be three come Jan), gamer and music producer but more importantly - a crazy BBQ head. Everything and anything to do with grilling, smoking and the art and science that surrounds it all. I'm always keen to try new recipes and ideas and love to invent and tweak as well.

Absolutely love USA BBQ foods and love how every region/state has it's own techniques, methods and recipes!

Lot's of pics of my food to come

Welcome Asty... I am looking forward to your pics and insights!

Comment

Great job on everything Nick. And welcome, there are several folks from Australia here, so cool!

Comment

Thanks very much Huskee, even though we're all the way from down under, still feels like we're part of a great community

Comment

Hey there Asty, WELCOME
          Last edited by Jon Solberg; November 10, 2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Hello Asty as they call you. LOL Welcome to this great site. Glad to have you as a member.

Comment

Hey Asty , welcome to the Pit

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Astynaxe View Post
                  Thanks very much Huskee, even though we're all the way from down under, still feels like we're part of a great community

We are! It really is a small world. We're all the same when it comes to the basics. We all need air, food, and water, right? And BBQ is food... ergo... all the same!

OK, perhaps oversimplified, but we're glad you're here and look forward to seeing your cooks and hearing your stories.

Comment

Speaking of which, I've been trying to post some pic's of my cooking sessions but can't seem to post for some reason. Keep getting invalid JPG file. I've tried various types of pictures and read the guides on the site but not having much luck. Anyone else seen the "invalid jpg" error?

Comment

Originally posted by Astynaxe View Post
                      Speaking of which, I've been trying to post some pic's of my cooking sessions but can't seem to post for some reason. Keep getting invalid JPG file. I've tried various types of pictures and read the guides on the site but not having much luck. Anyone else seen the "invalid jpg" error?
                      It does happen with unfortunate regularity with some folks. You have two options: Upload them to a free image hosting site like photobucket, and then post them here through that site. Or you can PM me and I will give you my email address, then you can send them to me if you wish and I can upload them for you if you're comfortable with that. I have done this with some members in the past.

Comment

OK, got it working through photobucket!

Here are some pics of my best sessions and my gear. This is basically a collection of some the best of the best. All these foods we're mastered and served to family and friends because of this site!

Cheeseburger and chicken burger (which i ended up serving at a wine bar as a part time gig):

One of my Memphis pulled pork shoulders fresh off the BBQ:

One of my Texan Beef Briskets:

My pulled pork sliders:

My hot smoked salmon:

My California style TriTip (cooked with Oak Wood and served with Santa Maria beans which aren't in the pic):

My lamb on the spit!:

And lastly, a photo of my hand made spit/smoker/BBQ next to my imported Old Smokey Texan grill:

Comment

That pic of the brisket has got to be one of THE all time best brisket pics I have ever seen. Tri tip also. Just wow.

Comment

Wow thank you Huskee!

Comment

Keep it up and I'm coming to your house for dinner!
                              I really appreciate how much work you must have put into your research. Either you're a heck of a good study, and/or you've spent some time here in the States perusing regional cue.
                              What do your friends think about all those savory goodies?
                              I would love to read to read some about Australian outdoor cooking.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here