Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie pellet smoker here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie pellet smoker here

Been loitering around this site for months and finally convinced the wife that we NEEDED (not a "want" a "NEED"!) a pellet smoker. I thought there were only a couple of manufacturers around but boy was I surprised when I started researching. Finally settled on a Camp Chef DLX. It won't be here until Tuesday and I'm like a kid the day before Christmas.

Anyway, got meathead's book and want to try just about anything. So tell me what my first cook on it should be!

Welcome dtbach514

Comment

dtbach514 Welcome to The Pit from Northern Virginia! After seasoning your new cooker, I recommend cooking a Boston Butt for pulled pork. BBs are very forgiving and there's a zillion uses for pulled pork. Remember, if you don't post pics, it never happened! Good luck!

Comment

Welcome to The PIt. Since you have a lot of cooking space, I suggest adding a chuck roast to go with the butt. They are cooked the same, but the chuckie should cook a bit faster as they are normally thinner than butts.

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois to you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from MN. I have used a pellet cooker for several years. This site will be your friend. Good luck!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, an' Welcome to th' Pit!!!
                  Looks like yer in for a great adventure with that new cooker, keep us informed, please!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome! I started this adventure with a pellet gril also. Pulled pork and chuck roast for pulled beef will both give you a really good idea of burn rates and personal effort required for low-and-slow as well as how much smoke flavor the grill will provide. Shoot for 225-250 during the cook. A good independent thermometer will help give you confidence that the digital temp controller is giving you what your asking it to give.

Second cook maybe some skin-on chicken parts where you want the temps a little higher to give you an idea of its versatility

whatever you cook, starting with the tested recipes on this site will prove very enjoyable. Have fun!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit dtbach514! Thanks for the support and nice to have you here!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here