Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew in SW Pa, introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew in SW Pa, introduction

Greetings all,

Andrew from Ligonier, PA here, in the Laurel Highlands/Appalachia of southwest Pennsylvania. Home of the whiskey rebellion.

Meathead just notified me that I was a winner of the monthly drawing and that made a light go off in my head....duh....the more I contribute and get involved, the more I'll learn. So here I am.....

A bit more about myself.....mid 40s, father of one daughter, avid mountain biker, bourbon drinker, fly fisherman, fly tier and all things smoked.

My sole tool of the trade thus far has been a Weber Kettle 22.5 and for hte small scale at which I operate, this has been fantastic. Thanks to the advise from this site, I've done a tremendous amount of ribs, chickens, turkeys, salmon........

There's a Pit Barrel Cooker on it's way so I'm going to use it as an excuse to begin learning more about shoulder and brisket.
    Last edited by Ligoniera1; November 6, 2014, 10:47 AM.

Welcome, congrats, and thanks for the support!!

You gonna love the Pit Barrel.

Comment

Congrats on winning the contest and welcome to The Pit! Be sure to check out my welcome post and tips. Tip#1 will help you complete your signature.

Comment

Congrats on the win! The rest of us hate you :-) Just kidding. Enjoy the new toy and the site

Comment

Welcome, the PBC is awesome. I learned plenty from AR but the pit has done much more, people always around to answer questions and occasionally screw up and be brave enough to post it so I don't make the same mistakes.

Comment

Thanks all! David, sig updated.

I'm a rank amatuer at all this but I've had some incredible success and great food as a result of the info contained here and the scientific approach just flat out jives with my personality. And I'm really looking forward to learning the PBC

Comment

Hey another SW PA guy! I'm in Pittsburgh. Welcome!!!

Comment

Welcome Andrew, and congrats! Sounds like you're off to a great start here. I like your choices of wood too!

Comment

Hey Andrew, welcome to the Pit. You'll love cooking on the PBC

Comment

Originally posted by Ligoniera1 View Post
                    Thanks all! David, sig updated.

I'm a rank amatuer at all this but I've had some incredible success and great food as a result of the info contained here and the scientific approach just flat out jives with my personality. And I'm really looking forward to learning the PBC

Nice work on the sig. What did you pick for your prize?

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      His last sentence says he has a PBC on its way. I assume that's what he picked?

• David Parrish
                      David Parrish commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not a bad guess, hopefully he drops back in to let us know!

Hey all, Indeed, PBC and ThermWorks BBQ kit headed my way per MeatHead correspondence. There were bigger and badder prizes offered but I decided to "take what you need and leave the rest". I saved some of the better more decadent prizes for those of you with the skillset and space. That said, I have read quite a bit about the PBC and think it will be fantastic. Looking forward to learning all about using it from you folks.

Comment

That's a great prize. Maybe not the most expensive prize on offer, but those tools will not let you down. Good times ahead!

Comment

Congrats from one newbie to another! The PBC looks really cool and I'd be interested in your review. I have been lusting after a Backwoods Chubby, but the wife might go along with the PBC's lower price. I'm afraid I already blew all of my brownie points buying a $600 table saw using the reason that she had been on me about repairing a $100 bench . I got away with that one since she loves the new bench, but that was my one free pass this year. Please be sure to use the experts tips on prep and cooking techniques and the sides and condiment recipes are all killer, no filler. Cheers!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here