Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member!

I have following this site for several years and always impressed by the information. Time to give back by becoming a member!
    Live in Orange Co. CA. Been smoking and grilling for years in some form or another, but got more serious about it about 10 years ago. Got to know and took a class from Harry Soo. No thought of competing right now, but I am a KCBS judge.
    Current grills and BBQs:
    >Costco Gas Grill (by Grandhall) got in Feb. 2004, 5 main burners, 2 sides, rotisserie, stainless steel. Use for all kinds of grilling as as a second "oven" (turkey on Thanksgiving, etc.)
    >Weber Kettle Performer mostly used setup as a smoker I got in 2010 for only $40 (used twice!), even came with a cover and chimney starter!
    >Rec Tec Pellet Grill and Smoker (Nov., 2014) - After considering all types of smokers, from offsets to a WSM, I splurged on this. Wanted something that would hold a lot of meat in a single layer without a lot of fuss, but still using wood.
    ​Use an iDevice iGrill mini (on iPad) and a Thermopen probe.

Welcome... Ken glad you are with us!

Huskee will be happy you got your signature filled out... good job!
    Last edited by smarkley; November 6, 2014, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Welcome Ken!! Glad to have you on board and look forward to your posts and pics.

Comment

Hey Ken, enjoyed the pics of the Rec-Tec on the main site. If you get bored with it, ship it to me. hahahaha

Thanks for the support.....greatly appreciated!!!

Comment

Welcome Ken! You're going to love The Pit. Thanks for filling out your signature!

Comment

Hello Ken, Welcome to the pit.

Comment

Nice to be a part of the "club" - Thank you to all!

Comment

Welcome Ken, and a belated "thanks for joining" from me too!

In case you haven't already, be sure to check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as learn the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy

Comment

Welcome Ken, with your experience looking forward to hearing what you have to say at times.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here