Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Hello and new to this site. Looking forward to lots of new info. I just received my Weber 22" Smoker. It's all assembled except for one last item. There's a hole about the size of a quarter in the center section and, I do have a rubber thingie that looks like it might go in there. Try as I will, I cannot make it fit that space. Any thoughts? Also, I will say that I have been at this for some years and still feel like a novice. This is my first charcoal smoker, and I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to The Pit GrillBill ! Great to have you here with us. Congrats on the new smoker. I assume it's the Smokey Mountain? I can't help much with the plug, I assume you're on the right track....shame it won't fit.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) me with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois.

Comment

• GrillBill
        GrillBill commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey thanks very much. SW Missouri here. Smokin between thunderstorms and tornados.

Welcome! We are happy to have you. Thanks for the support.

Comment

• GrillBill
        GrillBill commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you.

Welcome from upstate New York, GrillBill

Comment

• GrillBill
        GrillBill commented
        Editing a comment
        Like the icon. Go to CarryMyDog.com and you'll see why. (Not an advertisement)

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Northern, CA. Don't worry about thinking you are a novice. I have been cooking meat over wood and charcoal for a long time and every day someone posts something great and new here that reminds me that I will always be learning. You have joined a fantastic group of people who hang out just to help each other out.

Comment

• GrillBill
          GrillBill commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, so much info on here for sure.

Sorry GrillBill I dont own a Weber (I know get a rope!) but maybe if you post a couple of photos of the problem the people that do own one can help your out! welcome to the pit!

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I second that. Picture is worth a ...etc

• GrillBill
          GrillBill commented
          Editing a comment
          I finally got it inserted in the hole in the side of the WSM. It is made for the temp probe. Thanks for the thought. I appreciate it.

I wish I could help Bill, but I have an older kettle nad it didn't with a hole, and welcome to The pit.

Comment

Hi GrillBill and welcome to the pit.

I've got a 14.5" WSM and the silicone plug was not easy to work into the hole on mine either. Hold it in front of the hole in the WSM body. It should look just slightly larger than the hole. If it looks that way, start working one edge in and over the steel edge and work your way around the hole until it is seated. (It's to put probes into the WSM. There's a slit for wires, and a small hole that you can shove a Thermapen, Thermopop, etc. through to take a reading). If you are in cold temperatures, get the silicone disk warmed up to increase its flexibility.

Best regards,
          Jim

Comment

• GrillBill
            GrillBill commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Jim....I did make it work. Now I need something to put in it. Not so sure about accuracy of temp gauge from factory. Is there a favorite temp item that everyone seems to agree on?

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

• GrillBill
            GrillBill commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks very much.

GrillBill, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
          Enjoy "The Pit"!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• GrillBill
            GrillBill commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey thanks BYC. Still trying to get it right after all these years!

Welcome to th' Pit, glad yer here GrillBill !!!

Comment

Welcome GrillBill

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida! It's great to have you here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here