Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Camarillo, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Camarillo, CA

"Food is love"...brother added that quote to a family cook book he took a lot of time to piece together one year. Wise words and one of the most cherished gifts I'd ever received. Best memories of my youth revolved around preparation for big family meals. Every one of those meals were phenomenal, not because of the success or even failure of the end product, but because of the honest intent & effort to serve our guests the best meal we could. There's something that resonates deeply when you put everything into a meal. They weren't rushed, we never cut corners, our investment was a balance of patience, technique & the high quality ingredients...and we were not a family known for any deep legacy of good cooking. Effort, that's it. Love for those you're cooking for. That cook book, that quote inspired me to buy my first Weber 22" kettle in search of a more worthy product. I've spent the better part of twenty five years tinkering with upgrades bought online or home grown McGivered apparatus slung together with wing nuts, scrap stainless steel & wire over god knows how many 4am cook starts in hopes of nothing more than a simple "...damn that's good" later that day. Scratch rub mixes, marinades & sauces...as many good as bad. My greatest frustration is with my small cooker, and in that lies my passion for the challenge. I haven't worked it all out....and there's always something that goes awry on each cook, & has me forever in search of a more reliable and consistent cooker. That said, I always find peace in the early morning, burning my hands and flip flopped feet with errant embers that ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO WEDGE BETWEEN MY TOES, when the air's chilled and everything's still covered in dew & the only eyes looking at you are rabbits and ravens. Only one other place I like to be that early in the morning & alone, & that's on the links, equally frustrating by just as rewarding. I have found deep respect for the members on this site. True gurus, and the kind of people I'd love to meet face to face some day, shake their hand and share a brew, whiskey or an early morning coffee with. I've been reading the forum and reviews for years and absorbing this wealth of knowledge for free. Something just wasn't right about that for me, so I finally joined if nothing more than to offer a slight monetary thank you, that i know is no where near the value I find in this site. I have laughed at many posters & it's nice to know I'm not the only inmate that got lose. I'll shut up now, but thanks to anyone who has contributed to this site, in reviews or forum replies etc - it's nice to know I'm not alone when the alarm goes off at 3:45am.. ...today, m'wife placed an an order for my birthday, an M1 from Mgrills.com - and once again, what comes to mind "Food is Love"

Welcome from upstate New York, NotZoro. Beautiful intro!!!!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit NotZoro! Thanks for the support and nice to have you here. Congrats on the M1 and I enjoyed your intro.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Great intro! Welcome from the Mitten!

Comment

A hearty welcome from northern Illinois.

Comment

Great story love your intro and looking forward to more posts from you. Welcome to the Pit. NotZoro

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

NotZoro Welcome to the pit from a southern boy in South Louisiana.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome NotZoro

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here