Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New from Queens, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See? It wasn't so bad. Next time don't take so long to chime in Welcome from your neighbor in Jersey City.

Comment

Nailing a brisket... is EXACTLY the same cook as a pork butt. Prepping a brisket is the only difference and Meathead has nailed that. Read Meathead's article about smoking a brisket. Follow the instructions diligently and you will nail it.👍

Comment

Originally posted by tinyboxer View Post
        Hi - this is Jonathan from Queens, New York. I've been a member of the Pit for a few years now, but I am just getting up the guts to say hello.

Hands down, Amazing Ribs is my favorite web site. It got me started cooking with fire and is my go-to reference for all things smoking and grilling. I appreciate Meathead's clear technical writing, thorough research, and dedication to simplicity.

I started cooking on a Weber Smoky Mountain Boy and have slowly added more smokers to the point where it might be a problem. I have a hand-me-down Big Green Egg, Klose Grill Chef, Pit Barrel, 22" Weber, and a homemade cinder block pit (my favorite). I do most of my cooking at a camp 60 miles north of New York City (near Cornwall, NY).

We usually cook for a large group of people, and I've come to realize the BBQ isn't really about the food - its about the people and community. BBQ has a special ability to bring all sorts of folks together, and its what I like best about smoking meat.

I look forward to exchanging ideas and learning from everyone here... still trying to figure out how to nail a brisket!!!
        That's right. BBQ will unite us!

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome. Hope to hear a lot more from you.

Comment

tinyboxer, What Took You So Long to Post❓❓. Welcome to "The Pit"! Now that You Have Posted, Keep It Up! You have to be the First Shy NY'er
              I have ever Heard of❓❓ I "Love" 👍Your Dry Block Hog Pit!👍. You might want to Look on FaceBook for Aneta ND's Annual World Largest Turkey BBQ! They, Town of +-300 BBQ, over 300 Turkeys in the City Park on the 3rd Sat in June! People from Miles arround Stand in Line! Please Post More On Your Hog Cooker!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here