Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from NZ

Hi everyone,
    I have recently discovered this website, at about the same time I got my Keg 4000 and started reading up on how you guys do it up there. Very different than most basic kiwi BBQing. Slow cooking rocks. Sure most of us love the gas barbie here and it’s a very kiwi thing to BBQ or "grill" as you guys also say. I am only recently getting into all the science and temperature side of things. VERY exciting and already tasted the results that I only managed to pull out on the rare occasion by fluke. It never seemed right to me to use all these temperature tools. Not very manly! Man, how wrong was I!
    So a big thanks for revving me back up and opening another journey in the world of MEAT as it can/should taste.
    Look forward to reading more, experimenting more and sharing ideas from all the way down here in Hobbit Ville.
    No I don't live in a cave or have big hairy feet.

Welcome Kiwiants ! Glad to have you aboard, we sure have a lot of folks from the UK, Australia and other places around the globe, let's add NZ to the list. This is cool! Beautiful countryside you live in, I always have wanted to come visit. Thank you for the support.

Here's some 'new member' homework for you:
    When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature (tip #1) with your equipment. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy

Comment

Welcome Kiwiants! Like Huskee I too would like to visit your country some day. We have an "Outdoor Pics" thread in the General Discussion channel. It'd be great to see some of your countryside posted there along with all the other awesome photos folks have been posting.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here