Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from MO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to The Pit Wayne. With all those Webers, you need an SnS.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome. While I don't purposely hide the grills and smokers from the fiancee, I don't always tell her about some of what I buy. Since they are all kept together in one spot and I have covers for them all, they kind of get lost in the crowd. I didn't tell her about buying the two PK's or the two Good One's because they were a little on the expensive side and she probably would have thrown a fit. I bought both of the Good Ones for half price so I couldn't pass up that deal.

I do have a SNS for the Webers as well as the Vortex, Kettle Pizza, and the drip N griddle from the makers of the SNS so I think I have that base covered. I actually bought a new Weber OTS today that Walmart had listed as a Smokey Joe Premium for $68 so I could use it as a dedicated grill for my Vortex and Kettle Pizza because I have already partially melted the handle on my Performer from using the Vortex and I'm afraid of melting the rollers on the lid holder when I go to use the Kettle Pizza.

Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by 70monte View Post

I like to learn new things and ways to cook things so I'm looking forward to being part of this group.

Wayne
        I think aside from collecting cookers, that's the essence of the attraction: learning new ways to do things! And collecting cookers adds to that particular pleasure!

Comment

Welcome fellow Missourian, from southeast Missouri on the banks of the Mississippi river. Weber products are wonderful!

Comment

When I got back into charcoal grilling back in 2007, a Weber OTS is what I bought. I then got on some Weber forums and then I was in trouble. I bought my 95 Performer next and restored it and then went from there.

I used my new OTS yesterday with my Kettle Pizza and made pizza on the grill for the first time. They came out ok. I have some learning to do there but it will be fun doing so.

Comment

Welcome From NW MO. Big fan of Webers, BGE and 70 Montes.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                Welcome From NW MO. Big fan of Webers, BGE and 70 Montes.
                Thank you. As you guessed, my username is in reference to my 1970 Monte Carlo that I've owned since 1987. My second vehicle I ever bought. It needs to be restored again. Hopefully when I retire in a few years.

Wayne

Comment

welcome to the pit from a another new comer man I thought I had a lot of grills I am quickly learning I have a lot of catching up to do...... by the way just wondering your thought on the PK 360 I am still learning mine and would love to hear your opinion.

Comment

Welcome 70monte from MN. Enjoy The Pit! BTW don't worry about catching MCS on this site---I think you might already have it!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here. Those Good One's are damn fine cookers. You have great taste. I think your going to fit in perfectly, here.
                      Thanks for the support.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I'm also in MO, Kansas City to be specific. You will learn a lot in here. Enjoy.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here