Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, my name's Eugene and I just signed up to become a club member. I'm very new to barbecuing having just started last summer. I had a chance to taste Adam Perry Lang's short ribs when he set up shop in Hollywood for a few weeks and I've been working on replicating it ever since (visited him again just a couple weeks ago when he stopped by again). I bought a 22.5" Weber Kettle back then and in addition to the short ribs, I was able to follow a few other recipes: beef leg shank, pork loin ribs, and crispy pork belly. For the most part, I think they've turned out good enough to feed the family and friends, but I know there's so much more to learn and understand in order to make great BBQ. Aside from joining this site, I did decide to take the next step by purchasing a 22.5" WSM yesterday. Spent all day today to get the seasoning going. Anyways, I'm looking forward to learning from the folks here at amazingribs.com and taking my skills to the next level. Thanks!

Welcome to The Pit! When you have a moment read my welcome and guidelines post and tips and techniques post. They will show you how to complete your signature. Again, Welcome! You'll find them here.

Comment

Welcome Eugene!! You are going to like it here. Lots of folks have your cookers and are turning out some fantastic products. I look forward to your posts and pics.

Comment

Welcome, I assume you've seen the Harry Soo seminar here in the pit? If not, it will help you get that new WSM up and running.

Edited to add link.
        Last edited by _John_; November 2, 2014, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Welcome Eugenek! We look forward to helping you in your journey to BBQ bliss. There are many great folks here and everyone who participates on the boards here are more than willing to offer advice, tips, tricks, and recipes. You will like it here like Marauderer says. That 22.5" WSM is a beast. Before long you'll master it and you'll be giving advice!

Comment

Hello Eugene welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome and the link to Harry Soo's seminar!

Comment

Hey there Eugene Welcome

Comment

Eugene, if you follow Meathead's instruction... You will make people happy! People laugh at my "fleet" of weber kettles. But when I work them all together, it is like an orchestra!
                  Welcome to the world of barbeque! Good Luck!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here