Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Maryland Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings, John ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from the Mitten. Sounds like you have a pretty extensive list.....and it sounds like Spinaker is already cuing up the MCS. I blame him for some of my purchases.....although I've never been steered wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
        Schatzi10, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
        You Have More Cookers Than The Co Cook! Which Can You Do Best With?
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
        The Webers are Webers, don't use them often but just can't bring myself to get ride of them. I will occasionally use the baby weber to sear a couple steaks and my weber Q is great for shellfish. (It is Maryland so they're everywhere). The Smoke Vault gasser is great because it's very wide. It handles ribs and a spatchcocked turkey very well. My Smoke Hollow is an old vertical gasser that goes back to 2009. It's my old reliable standbye. I have a small (poorly designed) electric Masterbuilt that I use only for fish, veggies and salts. My 40" Masterbuilt with the smoker add-on is my go to smoker in cold weather. It has it's drawbacks but only takes about 15 minutes to come to temp in cold weather. I have a cheap Charbroil 3 burner 36g btu that I rigged with GrillGrates and use it as my sear grill. I just got the pellet grill (Camp Chef pg24) and need to play with it more in the summer when the humidity is higher. The pellet grill intrigues me I've never had a true BBQ cut (knuckle,brisket,ham,round) come out well in the winter. If temps are below 40 the Q just isn't the same. I haven't had a chance to play with the smoker add-on for the Masterbuilt. It seems to put a lot more smoke into the box but I bought it primarily to do cold smokes.

Comment

MCS?

John

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            "Mo' Cooker Syndrome"!

@Schatz10, In addition to My 2 Weber 22 1/2" Kettles I also have an Oklhoma Joe Highlander COS Stickburner. I also Have a SS Brinkman WSM Charcoal with an Electric Conversion Adapter that Cooks Very Well on a Hot Day! The Pic's attached are all of the Weber Kettle w/S 'n S, Drip & Griddle or Baffle Plate, and the BBQGURU DigiQ DX-2 TempControl at Cool or Cold Temps! The OK Joe Pic's are @ Moderate Temps! Just for The H---uv It I threw in a Pic
          of a ND Low Country Boil❓❓Just Goes to Show They Can Fly!❓❓ 🍀😇🍀. 🤗☃🤗
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	70 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	289622Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	64 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	289623Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	14 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	289627Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	289624Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	17 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	289626Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	18 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	289625Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	9 Size:	66.4 KB ID:	289628Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	6 Size:	3.47 MB ID:	289630Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	289629Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	851.6 KB ID:	289633Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	687.5 KB ID:	289632Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	4.19 MB ID:	289634Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	752.2 KB ID:	289635Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	754.4 KB ID:	289636Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	652.5 KB ID:	289637
          Attached Files

Comment

Great pics and some good looking Q. What's the internal temp on that loin?

John

Comment

Welcome from N E Illinois

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here