Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My intro

Hello there,

I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself but also thank everyone for the warm welcome I've received from all of you. My name is Kevin Shrewsbury and I currently live in Manassas Virginia. Cooking is my number one passion and I've been doing it all of my adult life. I was born in New Orleans Louisiana so therefore I specialize in a lot of Cajun and Creole recipes. Yep love me some crawfish I got into BBQ and grilling about 4 yrs ago when I bought a Weber kettle from a local True value store. Other than grilling a steak and some burgers I knew nothing about true BBQ. Any barbecue I ever went to was usually at a friends house and it was usually hotdogs, hamburgers, and maybe some chicken grilled dried out and slathered with barbecue sauce. Nothing wrong with that but that was what I knew as barbecue. How naïve I was!!! Wanting to get more use out of my Weber kettle I started looking online at some of webers recipes. I then realized my Weber cooker had so much potential and I could cook just about anything on it when done right. From there I started experimenting with different things like pork butt, roasts, vegetables, and even pizzas. After experimenting with different woods and the flavor that they give different foods I have become addicted to the art of smoking and grilling. There are many different ways to flavor food with seasonings and spices but I have learned that there is something very unique about smoke flavor. Now I don't enjoy it when food is so heavily smoked that it tastes like the forest but just enough for that wonderful flavor that complements whatever is being cooked. There's just something so different with smoke flavor than with anything else.

Yep, I'm addicted now and I really enjoy this website. There is so much good information on here and I look forward to learning new things from all of you. Hopefully I can share some of my recipes with you all as well.

Well that pretty much sums it up for me. Again thank you all for the welcome. Happy cooking, but more importantly, happy eating!

MASTER SHREWS

MASTER SHREWS Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore!
    We're glad you're here. If you don't have one already, I highly recommend getting a Slow and Sear from Adrenaline BBQ. It makes the Weber kettle into a whole new cooker! Also, good thermometers are key to good BBQ!

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir! I do have a slow n' sear and yes it is an awesome tool. I use a thermopen for my temp monitoring as well a smoke thermometer from Thermoworks.

Thank you very much for the welcome and it's good to meet you.

Welcome from Northern CA.

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and good to meet you.

Welcome to the Pit. I grew up in New Orleans, too. But developed my interest in BBQ while living in Texas.

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and good to meet you. Sounds like you and I will be sharing some recipes for sure. Big fan of Texas style brisket I am! Texas style chili also.

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and good to meet you

MASTER SHREWS, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in The BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"
    Not to be Impolite but Are You a "Green Eyed CoonAss"❓ Further More I Was Told They Were "DitchBugs" not Crayfish❓
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	67 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	286795Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	61 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	286796Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	286797Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	286800Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	3.44 MB ID:	286798Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	286799 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	106
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	286806

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, actually a blue-eyed coonass! Mud bugs are the more popular term. We really don't care we just eat the hell out of them.

Good to meet you!

Welcome MASTER SHREWS

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks And good to meet you.

Welcome from upstate New York.

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and good to meet you.

Howdy neighbor MASTER SHREWS (I'm in Lorton)! Welcome to the Pit. I'm looking forward to your Cajun/creole spin on Q.

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that's very close to me. I'm a regular customer at the Dizzy Pig BBQ company in Gainesville. You ever heard of it? If not look them up online, they are actually having a seafood class that I will be attending on the 18th.

Good to meet you.

• T-bone
      T-bone commented
      Editing a comment
      MASTER SHREWS the seafood class sounds awesome, but our band has a gig at the Manassas Glory Days that night (https://www.facebook.com/10150126915...type=3&theater). Thanks and I look forward to seeing you around the neighborhood.

Welcome to The Pit Kevin from another Virginian, (just SW of Richmond).

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey good to meet you then. Let me know when you have a Q event, would love to try your food.

Welcome to The Pit MASTER SHREWS! We’re glad you’re here and thanks for introducing yourself!

Although you've been with us for some time (and likely read this dozens of times on others' intros), here's your very own link to the homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. PM (private message) "Huskee" with your email change request, or via email at huskee[at]AmazingRibs[dot]com.

2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      OK sounds good. Very good to meet you by the way.

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      It's great to meet you as well and looking forward to having you around.

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and good to meet you.

Welcome to the pit, MASTER SHREWS, from NW Arkansas

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and good to meet you.

Welcome from Issaquah Wa some cajun insight will be way cool!

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, will definitely throw in some Cajun.

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

• MASTER SHREWS
      MASTER SHREWS commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot and good to meet you.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here