Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom in Mountain Top, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom in Mountain Top, PA

Hello, fellow hedonists! I'm making smoke here in NE PA. I've been grilling since the 70s, but I only got half decent at it in the last 20 years or so. I stick to the basics: ribs, butts, steaks, chicken, burgers... guy food. Mrs and I didn't meet until we were both in our mid 30s, so I had a head start learning to make what I like. I used gassers for years until the last one resisted its final internal rebuild and I went out and splurged on a Big Green Egg, trading one set of compromises for another. (Given the choice, I'd have one of everything, of course.)

I don't think I can add much to the set of knowledge provided by Meathead on Amazing Ribs; Meat, you are single minded in your pursuit of truth, and I like to cook steaks outdoors. But I can act as a data point, and I'll try to ask good questions.

Oh, and I'll put my chili up against anyone's.

Great to have ya!!!!

Thanks for the support!!!

Comment

Welcome, I looked forward to seeing some cooks, anybody who has been cooking that much for that long surely has a lot to share.
      My in-laws come from Eerie, pretty good good up that way. Smith hotdogs and Railbender were personal favorites.

Comment

Hello Mosca! Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome Mosca, great job filling out your signature! If you haven't already, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel to view our guidelines as well as the tips posts, one of them will help you learn the best way to post pictures here, and even links. Enjoy!

Comment

Let me try a photo: Country style ribs, German potato salad, fresh NE PA corn, heirloom tomato salad, and of course a beer. I don't remember which one.

Last edited by Mosca; October 31, 2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca View Post
              Let me try a photo: Country style ribs, German potato salad, fresh NE PA corn, heirloom tomato salad, and of course a beer. I don't remember which one.
              You got it! Next, be sure where the cursor is when you place the picture, since that's where the pic will squeeze in the post. When posting pics of food, it's better for bragging if you post 'em big to show that delicious detail!

Comment

Thanks. That was from a couple summers ago, so I don't remember much detail. I tried editing it to fix the photo placement, but when I open the edit panel on my iPad, nothing was in it. It appears I was only offered the option to type an entirely new post. I'll poke around some more, see if I can figure it out.

Comment

Here's a screenshot...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Welcome Mosca. Two new Pennsylvanians in one night, woohoo. Time to even out all the Michiganders lately :-0

Comment

Welcome Mosca! We LOVE pics... and details! Keep it coming! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome Mosca, I just joined and have about the same story as you. Been cooking a long time but not at the level I want to. You are right about adding to the info that Meathead has already done. Gonna be hard to do. But I love the site.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Mosca, maybe one day you can share that Chili recipe lol.

Comment

Next time I fire it up, Deuce, I'll document it and photo it. It's basically the classic San Antonio recipe, but grill the steak and char the vegetables. Comes out tasting like Texas.

Comment

Sounds delicious, love me some great chili, and it'll soon be chili weather.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here